Spoonbending psychic Uri Geller's palace for sale, complete with meditation pyramid and healing crystal rocks to lengthen your life

Depends on whether they were famous.

In France, the far-right like to cook bacon outside mosques.

3 Likes

With many self-identifying “psychics,” they seem to have convinced themselves of their abilities before scamming everyone else, but with Geller, that’s clearly not the case. (You can’t do a spoon-bending scam accidentally, or while convincing yourself you really did do it with your mind…) So I wonder how much of this decor is just there to fit his image, and how much he actually believes…

Weirdly, he’s not saying that rocks are somehow special in this regard (really, he seems to be suggesting quite the opposite with “even”), which means everything everyone has in their houses is energy and thus just as much likely to have beneficial impacts on your longevity…

Or the whole house exists to make people think he’s into the woo he disingenuously peddles, and this is a way of highlighting it (and himself).

6 Likes

When was the last time he had a big following, though? He’s been doing the spoon-bending bit since the 1970s and never really came up with a particularly interesting follow-up act in the decades since. Most people who think about him at all these days just remember him as a hokey has-been who was humiliated by James Randi. That’s not the kind of fame that pays the bills forever.

8 Likes

I remember this vividly - Exeter is 45mins from me. NB Exeter City FC is in the 3rd tier of English football, their “stadium” hold ~8k.

6 Likes

The 4th picture of the guy in front of the pyramid looks like a really bad instagram capture.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Speaking of spoons, Michael Palin can kill bats with a teaspoon.

Psychic spoon bending is quite a high-pressure field.

4 Likes

It’s been on sale for quite a while now.

We moored for a night at the end of his garden back in 2019 I guess. There was a sign by a letter box in the garden wall saying that mooring fees were donated to charity and we duly popped a tenner through. The house looked pretty dead back then and was definitely on the market at that point.

There’s a tribute to him on the towpath that runs alongside the Thames there:

5 Likes

Did you benefit from proximity to the magical rocks or were you moored too far away?

4 Likes

Even real estate agents wouldn’t go that far.

3 Likes

I have to say I didn’t notice any significant benefits and we managed to get under way in our steel boat without damage the following morning. Lucky he wasn’t home I guess.

5 Likes

Almost all of them are…

They’re just unusually young-looking.
QED

2 Likes

At the time they were in the fourth tier, and they were relegated to the semi-professional fifth tier at the end of the 2002-03 season.

Maybe David Blaine should have gone to Carlisle United, who were the experts at surviving against the odds at the time.

1 Like

I hope at least some of the proceeds from the sale go to the families of the spoons he mangled.

2 Likes

But where will I keep my pears, avocados, etc. once they’ve reached perfect ripeness?

The temporal null-field in the focus point inside the pyramid is vital, I tell you, vital! Worth every penny of the asking price.

2 Likes

Oh yes they would. And beyond.

4 Likes

This from a structural test engineer colleague and friend at my first employer: Licensed to inspect buildings, he was hired one day to “walk” a private residence for a potential purchase. Entering the ranch-style home with his client, he noticed the brand-new carpeting in the living room (not strange for a home on the market), walked in, then removed his shoes. Using his feet and forcing/sliding his weight down and across the surface, he felt what lay hidden. Yep. A cracked foundation. Witnessing this was the homeowner couple and their real estate agent who – upon being caught – were frozen into silence. From what my friend described, it appeared that the agent was already aware of the problem. Beauteousness.

4 Likes

I know he didn’t mean it this way, but I Lol’d anyway:

I have strewn rock crystals all over my property that are millions of years old. One of them actually belonged to Albert Einstein

Ol’ Albert’s even older than I thought!

2 Likes