Spotters' guide to UFOs, 1967

Evidence of ancient astronauts? I assume that this is part of an ancient UFO spotter’s guide:

11 Likes

Here’s a plate from the companion edition:

3 Likes

Guess I should start referring to the top drawer of my nightstand as Area 51.

3 Likes

stefan who? Never heard of him

1 Like

If I remember right, I first saw it in Russian edition of this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unreferenced-product-Amazon-Helmut-Höfling/dp/3625106019/

It was called “Все чудеса в одной книге” — “All Wonders in One Book”, though I’m not sure if “wonders” were in quotes or not.

There are just so many sightings nowadays that they don’t bother reporting them anymore. They keep all the footage in a data center in Iowa. My wife’s cousin knew a guy who saw the building. Of course it had a different name, but he could tell what it was.

1 Like

You so totally had the same thought as me!

btw - saw this and thought of you. Well, it reminded me of something but I didn’t remember what until just now.

3 Likes

Sometimes a cigar is really a UFO.

2 Likes

It’s probably not a coincidence that around the same time this poster was made Melanie Safka sang,

Freud’s mystic world of meaning needn’t have us mystified.
It’s really very simple what the psyche tries to hide:
A thing is a phallic symbol if it’s longer than it’s wide!

2 Likes

The question isn’t why UFOs are phallic. The question is why the penis is so damned aerodynamic. Have we been using it wrong?

2 Likes

I wonder if the aerospace industry would have come up with different approaches if there were more female engineers. What is a rocket but a giant metal penis thrusting into the heavens on a pillar of fire?

If it’s really hydrodynamic then no, we’re using them correctly.

But if might have been optimized for multiple operating environments, in which case we clearly need more research.

Through the use of increasing sized hoops, over many years one can stretch the foreskin into a suitable flight surface. This is why the bible promotes circumcision - so that we cannot challenge the sky god.

4 Likes

The Trindade UFO was a hoax…

So you’re saying flying saucers come from Venus…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.