Spotters' guide to UFOs, 1967

[Permalink]

1 Like

Winged Cigar Shape? Really. There is no feathered/ bird shaped UFO?

6 Likes

Just makes me realized how… cloud-shaped all the sightings are.

6 Likes

I find it interesting that UFOs resemble not just rolled-out condoms, but packaged ones, as well.

2 Likes

NOW I understand where that meme came from.

5 Likes

They mostly look like, airplanes, mirages, and the moon. This is more a chart for spotting idiots.

9 Likes

I am being completely, 100% honest here: I need that as a framed poster so I can hang it in between my De Long’s Grape Varietal table, reproduction 1400’s Yorkshire map, and signed Inspector Spacetime memorabilia.

2 Likes

paper plates, paper plates, cigar, cigar, paper plates paper plates, condom, space shuttle, paper plate, paper plate, cigar, cigar, paper plate, paper plate, cigar, light bulb, paper plate paper plates cigar, weather balloon, paper plate, paper plate, cigar, toy top, paper plate, paper plate, plane, dream catcher, paper plate, paper plate, popsicle sticks - Occam rules!

3 Likes

Notice that some of these have ports for emitting swamp gas.

1 Like

Odd that as a greater percentage of the population walks around with devices with built in cameras, the number of reports of UFOs and cryptozoological animals drops.

<tinfoil hat>

Or maybe the sightings have increased and the lack of coverage is part of the cover up!

</tinfoil hat>
5 Likes

Digital cameras have UFO / cryptid recognition circuits that automatically “shop” the image into something innocuous, like a cloud in the case of a UFO, or a stanky old shaggy hobo in the case of Bigfoot.

So when the photographer gets home and reviews the image he thinks, “gosh, I guess I was seeing things!”

Also, when the camera is connected to a computer for download, a message is sent to the Men in Black, marking the photographer for termination.

8 Likes

Aliens:

Able to travel interstellar distances, possibly faster than light.

Unable to observe Earth with out hovering around close enough to be observed and photographed.

9 Likes

A bit different but may be more poster quality…
http://www.project1947.com/shg/symposium/p229shapes.html

That would have made a better poster for Fox Mulder’s office than the “I Want to Believe” poster. It would have played up a different aspect of the character, at least. Where can I order a copy of this?

1 Like

Hmmm. Rocket shaped UFOs eh?
Wonder what those could have been.

2 Likes

Ha-ha I remember having this book!

3 Likes

Gents, if your dick resembles any of the shapes in this UFO spotter’s guide, please seek medical attention immediately.

2 Likes

Oh c’mon. “Seen over Africa” is clearly a novelty prophylactic.

What? Yours doesn’t have wings?

3 Likes

Adamski type?

Now I have this playing in my head.