Spreadable Beer

Exactly. It’s just Marketing Slime.

…must be jelly, 'cause jam don’t shake like that…

6 Likes

[quote=“SpunkyTWS, post:2, topic:76203”]
The fact that spreadable beer now exists is not a sign that the world’s end is upon us. It’s a sign that the world already ended and we are now living in a post-armageddon void. [/quote]

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I really like the Tiptree Marmalade with Malt Whisky:

http://www.tiptree.com/goto.php?sess=+A5A5F44525853+F1D421317445C5F1D1D58+E+C57+9+95D59425C4B571B125214+543&id=13&ret=product_list.php?cat=2&menu=products&image=1

It’s delicious.

2 Likes

I just noticed who the brewer is, been sort of ignoring this post all day. Anyway it’s Innis and Gunn, who is a Scottish brewery and they make damn good beer (try their whiskey barrel aged beer). I’m not sure i’d be interested in buying beer jam but if given the chance i’d probably try it out.

3 Likes

Fabulous. Let us know how it goes. SPREAD IT ON EVERYTHING.

1 Like

When I saw “spreadable beer” my immediate thought was Vegemite.

1 Like

OK, which one of you did that!?

Gentleman’s Relish sounds like a euphemism for semen, but is in fact a type of anchovy paste. It is also known as Patum Peperium, which sounds less like a euphemism for semen.

23:21, 6 April 2016‎ 86.171.110.146 (talk)‎ . . (2,259 bytes) (+97)‎ . . (undo)

5 Likes

A Gentleman Never Tells.

4 Likes

Beer? Bah. Real men eat their toast with whisky marmalade.

I still have a jar of this stuff. Man, it’s good on toast with eggs.

4 Likes

Beschizza: Madness? THIS IS BOING BOING!

Beschizza: [kicks the surly deliverator into the Internet K-hole]

1 Like

And the Potlicker jelly is quite good, as the near-empty jar in my refrigerator will attest. Thankfully there are several full jars on my shelf waiting their turn. I especially like the IPA.

1 Like

I’ve never had the Guiness limited edition, but I think Vegemite is far better than the normal Marmite.

I generally agree, but this stuff is pretty fantastic, if you like Marmite/Vegemite. Extra strong! Extra old! Extra powerful!

1 Like

Delicious but ever so slightly nasty. Would pair nicely will beer…

1 Like

this is a pretty big ‘if’ : P

The mistake people make with Marmite/Vegemite is thinking that you’re supposed to spread it on stuff like peanut butter. They take one taste and are horrified. I don’t blame them!

You’re supposed to just use a bit on buttered toast, enough for a thin coat. If you don’t overdo it, it’s rich and savory and salty, perfect with eggs and bacon.

Then again, I remember bunking with octogenarian hikers in the hills of Scotland and watching them spread the stuff on thickly, saying, “och, when yer my age lad, you need more to get a kick!”

1 Like