Squirrel wrecks couple's home while away on holiday and insurance won't pay

I had a two coworkers whose cars were incapacitated by the little dudes. The electrical tape for their cars was soy-based and the belief is that it is tasty. This could make sense because they targeted just two makes of cars in our parking lot. (One of the coworkers not only had her car damaged, but her two dealer rental cars. She had to pay three deductibles, which sucked.)

5 Likes

Excellent point. My insurance doesn’t kick in for anything below $2,000 because, as the agent explained, it’s just not worth it below that. I wonder if that’s how they settled on the estimate, unknowing of the rodent exemption.

2 Likes

3 Likes

There are a number of plastics that use soy in their composition; so, yes. I saw a video recently where hikers at a remote Montana trailhead leave the hoods of their vehicles open because much of the wiring has soy-containing insulation, which local rodents enjoy chewing on. If you leave the hood open, they feel exposed and won’t hang out for days, chewing up your wiring harnesses and leaving you stranded 150 miles from nowhere.

6 Likes

Not to start a culture war, but you must have those east coast squirrels. Out in the west, we have chill squirrels. Mostly just skitter around and blink; Maybe light up a doob once in a while.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.