Star Trek News

I’m surprised this hasn’t popped up here yet!

And io9:

star-trek-enterprise-animated-gif-22

8 Likes

2 Likes

BURNHAM: Sir, I don’t know who you are, but we need your help contacting Star Fleet.

PICARD: I… know you. I share memories with your adopted father.

(Edited)

2 Likes

Hmmm…time to reactivate my CBS All Access account for a month so I can watch the second half of the first season. It’s an annoying way to watch and their app sucks hard, but no way am I paying continuously for a service that has precisely one show I want to watch, and no way am I missing new Star Trek.

Also, I cautiously second @TobinL’s squeeing. Don’t mess with me, Alex Kurtzman. A Picard in the hand is worth two in the bush.

1 Like

Good lord…

If nothing else, the new series clearly illustrated why Sarek’s kids all think he’s such a knob.

“Technically we are not related.”

2 Likes

2 Likes

So this new series takes place back in the original timeline and not the timeline of the latest batch of movies, right?

2 Likes

Correct, Discovery is not part of the Kelvin Timeline.

1 Like

In the wake of the Janus decision and the erosion of workers’ rights, Starfleet eliminated pensions for retirees, forcing officers to continue working into their 80s.

3 Likes

Heck, Dr. McCoy was still on the job at age 137.

4 Likes

Not by choice; he was forced back into duty after retirement:

Your revered Admiral Nogura invoked a little-known, seldom-used “reserve activation clause”. In simpler language, Captain, they drafted me.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.