Star Trek: The Next Generation beachwear

19 Likes

so does the red bikinis always get sun burned ?

6 Likes

Not all red bikinis?

9 Likes

ick-- 240p. Enterprise was produced in HD. At the time, the visuals were pretty stunning.

Iā€™m so sending that to my girlfriend before I clock off work tonight.

Makes me think that they really need a Zardoz version for the fellers.

7 Likes

I literally just pulled the first video that was in the search. :laughing: After making sure it was the right thing. :sweat:

1 Like

Utter phraseology introduction win. I shall use this, muchly!

Something tells me whoever first pitched that idea ended up getting a very late night visit and an enforced invitation to a staring contest from our dear and simple tailor.

1 Like

In all seriousness, given the descriptions of how theyā€™re sized versus how theyā€™re worn, I really wish that Thinkgeekā€™d had more pics of the suits being worn, potentially with some plus-sized models. Given their descriptions, I can imagine these ā€œfittingā€, but being a little more form-fitting than someone might want.

3 Likes

So they might require something likeā€¦ the Picard Maneuver?

:slight_smile: Iā€™m not sure if the color-blocking would be entirely flattering either. Still, itā€™s an interesting idea, and Iā€™d be tempted if I needed a swimsuit.

8 Likes

Somehow I doubt thatā€™s how maillots are usually sold.

You could follow these instructions

Note: These measurements look small, but these are taken with the fabric unstretched. We STRONGLY suggest that instead of using your own measurements, you measure your favorite bathing suit and go with the closest match.

But that sort of implies that spandex is spandex-- a trap that the designer of the first TNG uniforms fell into. Some fabrics stretch more than others.

3 Likes

Frankly, I think they missed an opportunity, because I would buy this one:

5 Likes

That video is a goddamn masterpiece.

4 Likes

Captains pips? On TNG-era gold? HERESY!

Now, if anyoneā€™s looking for me, Iā€™ll be down in Sick Bay, having my tongue surgically removed from my cheek.

4 Likes

Damn, it Jim. Iā€™m an doctor, not an admiral

Though, when Beverly Crusher was in command of the USS Pasteur, she wore red.

(And somehow, as head of Starfleet Medical, she held the rank of Lt Cmdr.)

4 Likes

That confirms what I noticed immediately in the photo: theyā€™re not sized for womenā€™s actual chests. Hereā€™s a normal one-piece swim suit sizing in that area:

XXS (00) - 31" chest
XXS (0) - 32"
XS (2) - 33"
XS (4) - 34"
S (6) - 35"
S (8) - 36"
M (10) - 37"
M (12) - 38.5"
L (14) - 40"
L (16) - 42"

Their ā€œ2Xā€ is sized for what would normally be an XS. That is not going to look good.

5 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s a ridiculously non-intuitive way to size it. We all know our bust size, why is it not sized by ā€œM fits a 36ā€ bust" or whatever?

4 Likes

Ok, I take back my interest in those swimsuits. I like the concept but I hate it when itā€™s so hard to figure out my size.

4 Likes

Hmm.

I like this two piece better, though:

Apparently, yes:

2 Likes