Star Trekkin' was a horrible novelty song

[Read the post]

1 Like

No, I have gif-blockers.

3 Likes

START DREKKING across the universe!

2 Likes

Mediocre more than horrible really, though I had never seen the video… had. :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Shut up, it’s awesome.

32 Likes

I think I started merely disliking it the second week it was on Doctor Demento. I truly started to hate it when it became a regular fixture of the Funny Five.

6 Likes

In central Europe we must have dodged that particular bullet at the time, but I remember this early 90s abomination:

3 Likes

All in all, I prefer Robot Chicken’s Dammit Jim, I’m a Proctologist.

2 Likes

It was funny the first three times. Then it was insanity-inducing.

1 Like
9 Likes

Resistance really was futile.

7 Likes

I may not remember all of 1987 but that I remember. I think I will not revisit it. It was okay the first time, really really high, but after that it was annoying.

My buddy at the time played it all the way to a Star Trek marathon and the entire time we were in the cinema parking lot getting ready to go in. It took much of my limited willpower to continue to dislike only the song and not him.

2 Likes

WHAT???
(Blows gasket.)
‘STAR TREKKIN’’ IS THE BEST SONG EVAH!!!
(Long string of curses against song critics questioning their families, their humanity & their sanity.)
Gasp. huh huh uh . .
(Calms down.)
Oh well, I guess we need to agree to disagree.

6 Likes

I loved this song on Dr Demento! I had no idea there was a video.

I wrote a Star Trek parody song once. It was to “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” called, “Don’t Worry, Here’s Scotty”.

5 Likes

Aww, I liked the song. Like I a lot of people, I heard it first on Dr. Demento and never saw the video.

Stone Trek’s “cover” was even better than the original though.

5 Likes

True story. Back around…1990 (?) at a local SF convention, I and the other members of the Klingon Diplomatic Corps sang this in our sponsored hospitality suite with Nichelle Nichols. It was all good fun though alcohol was involved.

20 Likes

Jealoussssss or more accurately, envioussss

3 Likes

This is the only video in my opinion that goes with that song.

1 Like

This is part of a long tradition of UK “summer holidays” novelty songs/earworms, and – far from horrible – it is fantastic. (The one from the year before, the Spitting Image Chicken Song, is my favorite. It references Agadoo, which is so bad I won’t provide a link.)

8 Likes