Star Wars: Acolyte trailer looks fantastic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/19/star-wars-acolyte-trailer-looks-fantastic.html

3 Likes

Using “force powers” to open what was clearly an automatic door reminded me of this guy:

jedi-doors

Apparently Ewan McGregor does that too!

14 Likes

for a story focused on the dark side disrupting a Jedi Order in its prime.

lazy commenter was going to ask: how many years BBY/ABY (Battle of Yavin) is this set? and just looking for a ‘spelling’ got my answer…

The Acolyte takes place roughly 100 years before Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY. Therefore, The Acolyte takes place around 132 BBY.

so Yoda would be a spring chicken of about 764 years old during these episodes

3 Likes

I still think using the force to shove your opponent from across the room is a cheesy cop-out. The only move like that I care to see is for a force-user to use the force to tie his opponent’s shoelaces together – not to miraculously incapacitate them, just to make the them fall down and look silly before a legitimate fight.

4 Likes

i do it every time i run across one. it’s very hard to get the timing juuuust right. my husband just shakes his head.

7 Likes

Somebody somewhere once remarked that when Ben first appears in Star Wars (ep 4), he’s wearing a cloaked robe not because he’s a Jedi but because he’s an old man who lives in a desert, same as Uncle Owen (and Jawas and various other desert incidentals). And then it got retconned into canon that Jedi dress like old men who live in a desert, which just gets more ridiculous with each successive spinoff. Why are all these babies in the climate controlled skycraper on the planet whose sole biome is an urban sprawl dressed like an old man who lives in a desert?

4 Likes

Pretty much this:

7 Likes

True, but also it is a monk-like order, so having robes really isn’t that much of a stretch. And lots of people dress in robes and cloaks in Star Wars.

I think it looks pretty good. I am actually behind on the shows, I need to get back in and catch up.

Uncle Owen literally refers to Obi-Wan as a “Wizard” so it’s hard to imagine him wearing anything other than robes.

Wizards in track pants or business suits just wouldn’t feel right.

7 Likes

Hit the belt and zipper, and yank the pants down. Dark force users have the wedgie option.

1 Like

In my comic I was making in HS, I had Merlin as a character, and he wore Hawaiian shirts and shorts.

1 Like

You fool! Quick, hide before the Disney lawyers find you!

SeparateSimpleIguanodon-small

3 Likes

Oh crap, I forgot about that movie. TBF, I’ve never seen the whole thing!

1 Like

Disney continues to ensure Star Wars has stuff for everyone.

Spit Take GIF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.