Trailer for "Star Wars: The Acolyte"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/04/trailer-for-star-wars-the-acolyte.html

2 Likes

Apparently they’ve always really sucked at knowing when Sith are around, not just in that one movie.

10 Likes

Maybe every generation, the most powerful Sith breezes into the Jedi academy, gestures and says “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium”, the Jedi agree "the Sith have been extinct for a millennium ", the Sith points out that they never saw him, the Jedi again agree and the Sith is on his merry way.

1 Like

The most obvious problem with the Jedi wasn’t their classism or their incredible hubris, it was the whole “literal cult that uses children and slave armies to fight wars” thing.

5 Likes

My most obvious problem with the Jedi is their incredibly humourless portentousness.

1 Like

Cheddar Monks should’ve stuck to making cheese

1 Like

traditionally, i think “acolytes” only light candles ( and carry wine. maybe. )

i guess that would be a cool, yet so far unseen, force power: to light candles with your brain rays. maybe it’s a sith thing. though honestly, i can’t imagine them sitting through sermon

1 Like

Manifesting wine would be a pretty cool Jedi power. And opens the door to Jesus with a lightsaber.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.