Star Wars: Andor is already fantastic

Originally published at: Star Wars: Andor is already fantastic | Boing Boing

7 Likes

KORdfa0|nullxnull

12 Likes

This is fantastic to read. Due to my dislike of Boba Fett and feelings of disappointment about Obi-wan, I was going to skip this one. However, this sounds like exactly what I’ve been looking for in a Star Wars show.

5 Likes

Disney circa 2019: “Alright, people! We need some new Star Wars content for Disney Plus! Our research shows fans are hungry for spinoffs involving Mandalorians and/or Jedi.”

Lucasfilm Writers (taking notes): “Mandalorians… Andor… Jedi. Got it!”

17 Likes

bebe rexha cma awards GIF by The 52nd Annual CMA Awards

3 Likes

Wait - it is tonight? Crap I still have fanzine work and I have to work work late… well I am taking off Friday to do my car registration hopefully, so I should have time then…

2 Likes

What’s a “BBY”, as in the third paragraph first sentence: “I am interested in the idea that a 5-year BBY Empire would rely on local law enforcement for anything and wouldn’t be numerous enough to control anything they want, lets see where this goes.”

2 Likes

“Before Battle of Yavin” (the battle in the end of the first Star Wars movie). BBY/ABY is how the chronology of events in the Star Wars universe is measured, much like BCE/CE is used in our universe.

Presumably the various cultures within the Star Wars universe have their own calendars but using the Battle of Yavin as a point of reference is useful for fans to figure out when events were supposed to take place.

9 Likes

1 Like

…and tell them I said ANDOR

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that. :+1:

2 Likes

Sounds like Texas.

3 Likes

I was really impressed by this and i wasn’t at all eager to see a backstory for Cassian Andor but it works, the writing is great and mercifully sparse when it needs to be. The production design is superb as well, it really feels lived in and maybe it’s because it’s got a bunch of long established British thesps (Fiona Shaw! Rupert Vansittart! Alex Ferns! Ron Cook!) but it has an old-school Star Wars feel about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.