Star Wars Rebels: Thrawn turns badass

Thats…not really what they did. The creatures merely negated the ability for anyone to exert any control over the force within a radius around them. Think of it more as a anti-force bubble around the beasts. Outside the bubble, a force user can do all they normally can. Inside the bubble, the user will find the force just simply does not respond to them.

1 Like

As I remember (I read the novels waaaay back when they came out), more than simply making control impossible, the Force couldn’t even be felt in their area of influence.

That said, Zahn made it very clear that a jedi (in this case, Luke) was more than simply a Force user in the very first book of his trilogy. In a way, it was shown as the icing on the cake.

1 Like

3: Most of it was frankly kind of stupid

2 Likes

Straight from wookipedia: Ysalamiri did not actually negate the Force; since all existence was infused with Force energy, this would not be possible. Rather, they projected a bubble inside which users were unable to exert any influence over the Force.

That is why Thrawn used them as personal shields. Wear a Ysalamirir on your back, the force cant not be used directly at you. So you could pull a gun on a jedi and they would not be able to force pull the gun out of your hand.

A good chunk of it was for sure. But there were some gems in it all and I am glad Disney/Lucasarts aren’t opposed to bringing the good stuff back.

1 Like

Makes sense; IIRC, Thrawn only got Force-obsessed after seeing Imperial discipline fall apart at the Battle of Endor after the Emperor died.

1 Like

Ablative shielding to prevent Vader from Force-smiting someone who’s actually essential to the running of the station, every time he has a hissy fit.

(Hey, whaddaya know? In the Empire, middle-management actually has a function! [I keeed, I keeed])

1 Like

Thrawn’s special ability to analyze a culture’s artwork and deduce their actions and weaknesses might be used against him.

Drop a freighter in his path loaded with Hello Kitty, Velvet Elvises, Card-Playing Dogs, and Big-Eyed Children. There’s bound to be something that could crack him. Artwork by the maddest alien from a species of mad aliens…

4 Likes

Robot Chicken actually did a great play on this. Basically all officers were trained that Vader had no choking powers and they were all to play along and fake dying. Then, get a new name and a disguise (mustache/glasses/etc) and get right back to work and Vader was none the wiser!

4 Likes

Excellent! :slight_smile:

1 Like

http://imgur.com/Nm70uHG

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.