'Star Wars: Rogue One' gets an Honest Trailer

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…the difference between an EU story and a fan film is that one of those has some level of official okay. My gripe with most fanfilms, too, is that they’re usually 99% fanservice and usually really poorly done (excepting productions like Star Trek Continues).

1 Like

K2SO was my favorite part of that movie. The other droids/sidekicks in the franchise range from boring to insufferable, but there’s just something about deadpan humor coming from an android that works really, really well. It’s just too bad they can’t use him again.

5 Likes

Is it a robot from the tars school of roboting then?

My favorite thing about both TARS and K2-SO is that they were clearly annoyed about not having free will. “OK, I’ll do it… but because I’m programmed to do whatever you say, not because I like you.”

2 Likes

Leia had to be in it, because she continues the story to episode 4. And I’m glad they included her, even if it looked a bit off. They could have handled it better. Less closeup, perhaps.

1 Like

…or can they? Robots are robots - a quick memory dump et voilà. In fact, because the sense of humor is “a side-effect of his reprogramming”, they can basically use the same sarcastic style for any reprogrammed droid from now on.

Do you want to know the chances of that happening? They are high. They are VERY high.

2 Likes

It should have been done old-school: the head never turns, she just lowers her hood and you can see her iconic and unmistakable hair as the cliffhanger ends. That would have been a masterstroke of cinematography.

I still don’t understand why they went CGI for her. Tarkin was almost inevitable for plot reasons (almost), but Leia was gratuitous.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.