Star Wars spoiler thread

I haven’t seen Episode 7 yet, I don’t know when I’m going to see it, and in the meantime I don’t want to know about it.

If you want to chat about it, then please do it here, instead of spreading out into every other thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

Well there is this… no I can’t, I still got 12ish hours till I get to see it. Did you change the settings so you don’t get notifications?

That’s a good one.

What I want to know is: In the opening crawl, we’re told Leia is desparate to finder her brother and gain his help. The whole movie revolves around the map to Luke. Finally, map in her hands, Leia’s like, eh, don’t really feel like the trek. No exposition, no apparent explanation. How does that make any sense?

1 Like

Yeah, and that bit of the map they had fitted no known system? Yet it was in the middle of an area they did know?

2 Likes

Well, that R2D2 knew, or had in his memory-banks or something. The way I’m reading it was as the old pirate treasure map thing: two players had two parts that didn’t mean anything until they’re put together. It doesn’t matter if anyone else had a map or not, they’ve got the two parts that together show where the treasure Jedi is.

So, even if Kylo Ren had found BB8 or extracted Rey’s memory of the map, it still wouldn’t have helped him. Especially if the First Order had slagged the planet with R2D2 on it. Force, what an asshole.

[Yes, I just saw the movie tonight. And I enjoyed it.]

2 Likes

Yeah, this Fake Spoiler ended up a bit too accurate.

Good luck, bro.

Yeah, I nearly didn’t recognise Bill Murray under all the make-up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 429 days. New replies are no longer allowed.