Starbucks' Howard Schultz ends presidential "campaign"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/06/starbucks-howard-schultz-end.html

6 Likes

Honestly didn’t realize he was still running.

Bye%20Felicia

26 Likes

So, essentially spineless?

27 Likes

I love that in Schultz’ mind he’s like Washington singing "I’m stepping down, I’m not running for President" in Hamilton, while Republicans and Democrats alike are like “die in a fire, coffee bro”

9 Likes

The first productive thing he accomplished in his campaign was ending it.

22 Likes

Wow, if Michael Avenatti drops out next this could really change the whole dynamic of the race.

20 Likes

It’s going to free a lot of oxygen for the real heavyweights like Gabbard and Williamson to thrive, that’s for sure.

13 Likes

14 Likes

10 Likes

tenor

11 Likes

So long, farewell, auf wiedersen, good night

11 Likes

God be thanked. If Cheetolini has made any positive impact on the American political scene, it’s finally making people realize that electing men because they say they can run the country like they run a business is asinine, self-defeating, and dangerous. Too many of these slimy egotistical chunks who rise to the top of the corporate cesspool got there because they are the most sociopathic, the most willing to screw over others to get what they want, and they run their companies like they’re some private little kingdom. Everything becomes a matter of feeding their egoes and satisfying their appetites. Good riddance to this Schultz idiot. And thank God we now have proof that people are finally coming to their senses and seeing through the corporate-leader facade to the grotesque and ugly reality behind it.

3 Likes

So much for his attempt to be the Democratic Trump. Maybe next time. Try rolling around in your money until the disappointment recedes, I suppose.

3 Likes

We did it, guys, we ended him.

Venti, Vidi, Vici.

6 Likes

Uncomfortable with how he might appear if asked to release his tax records?

4 Likes

“Venti” is good! But I also get (if not more) great satisfaction from “veni”.

3 Likes

You’re a better man than I then – without my morning coffee, nothing gets up.

2 Likes

FD: I also drink coffee. LOTS of coffee.

2 Likes

I think this was his plan from the start: Sacrifice himself in the noble effort to illuminate and expand the “Super-rich should not be president” concerns.

On second thought… fuck that. He saw the drawn-with-shit writing on the wall and bailed with his forked-tail between his nuts,

1 Like

He was out getting a very complicated coffee.

2 Likes