Start-up injects old people with the blood of the young

I had the same double-take, but the Conboys are the physicians debunking the quack medical treatments.

So it’s more that, if even the Conboys think you’re a quack, you’re definitely a quack.

6 Likes

Clearly the research is just displaying the old Stanford–Berkeley rivalry. If everybody listened to those do-gooders, nobody’d ever make a buck!

Pffft. Amateur.

4 Likes

I should remind people that ‘Ambrosia’ is Karmazin’s second ride on the parabiosis pony. His first ride was a company called ‘xVitality’, which was completely fraudulent… it showed wonderful results from non-existent research, and promised the suckers treatment at non-existent private clinics. The website is archived in the Wayback Machine and the twitter feed is still available for hilarity.

This new scam is a little more organised. Old fucks give Karmazin $8000 and receive transfusions as part of a “clinical trial” (with no control group, so worthless). They are giving their money to someone with a proven record of fraud.

4 Likes

Allow me to self-promote:

A doctor can prescribe anything off label for any purpose.

It’s just that it’s malpractice sometimes.

3 Likes

Once they get started…

6 Likes

Immortality is not all that great either.

6 Likes

Who said, “there’s a sucker born every minute…” ,
and, " never underestimate the intelligence of the masses"
(or something similar)!

This is simply a start-up designed to con ultra-rich Boomers
into throwing millions at them…
hoping for a miracle.
(the miracle? living long enough to $pend their cash).

Sure, it’s nice, but it’s no Coagula procedure.

Balderdash! Goat glands are good enough for Great-grandpa (he texted me from Vegas yesterday) and they’re good enough for me.

2 Likes

‘It is well known in the medical community — and this is also the reason we don’t do transfusions frequently — that in 50% of patients there are very bad side effects.’

Er, what? I can’t find anything to support that 50% figure. Lots to say there can be side effects, from uncomfortable to life threatening, but all with a lot lower odds than 50%.

A better rebuttal to this quack procedure would have been as another commentator stated: All blood is young. Red blood cells go from stem to broken up for spare parts in around 100-120 days (that’s from Wikipedia, the exact number of days seems to be an open question, but it is still measured in days.)

It’s fortunate that it’s fake quackery. If it were real, the poor and the third world would be the forced donors.

1 Like

Not 50%, not even close to 50% with competent crossmatching. I would not bet on competence in this case. When transfusion reactions occur, they are wicked and potentially life threatening. In the legitimate, fact based medical field, transfusion is never taken lightly and says that we had no other options.

3 Likes

Why all this criticism?
This is the cutting edge of early 19th Century medicine!

4 Likes

The blood of the young will cause old people to take young-people-type stupid, risky chances… which will lead to those same old people to seek out more blood of the young. It’s a vicious circulation circle!

:slight_smile:

I imagined those Zardoz characters as being without cloths…and it didn’t make a dent in the ‘great department’.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.