State of emergency in Louisville before Breonna Taylor decision

It’s almost as if they know justice will not be served, and people will be righteously angry about it.

It’s …charmingly naive? That you think what I (or pretty much anyone else who isn’t a cop) WANTS to happen has any bearing at all on what will happen.

For what it’s worth, I was well aware that it’s not a trial, and was using “verdict” in the less formal sense, as in a judgment (not necessarily in court). Since justice will almost certainly not be meted out, it may as well be a verdict of “cannot ever be guilty under any circumstances” anyway.

1 Like

My strategy?

Get angry, stay angry, back yourself with the facts and be public with all of it.

The more middle America sees that this shit is not acceptable publicly the more likely it is to change something.

police departments have woken up because people are finally protesting this shit in the streets.

It WILL change. If people keep doing exactly what they are doing.

Sounds to me they fully expect no charges to be brought about or lesser charges.

1 Like

As someone who lives indoors, I don’t like the thought of the police battering down my door and blasting me eight times in the middle of the night. On top of the unjustified force used, the raid was authorized illegally using a warrant based on lies.

The whole thing is chilling and goes beyond racism. The behavior of the police before and after this and other shootings like it should scare the shit out of every white person as a legitimate threat to their safety. It should never happen to anyone, but it happens frequently (and most often to Black people), and police and political leaders keep trying to cover it up when it does happen. Just quit doing it … how damn hard is that?

2 Likes

Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

6 Likes

Which law? Because I’m not aware of one that says, “Feel free to shoot unarmed sleeping people if you like.”

Sure, they entered a home (the wrong one) under a warrant and came under fire (from Taylor’s boyfriend, who thought they were invaders). But everyone, cops included, have a duty under the law not to kill bystanders. It’s manslaughter, by definition. They weren’t defending themselves from an unarmed, sleeping woman.

9 Likes

Not to mention their pretense for obtaining the warrant was a lie, so they never had a legitimate reason to enter the home

6 Likes

One officer charged with wanton endangerment for the bullets that went into other apartments.

No officers charged with Breonna’s death at all.

The message is clear: “We’re more concerned about the innocent white people who could have been harmed than we are about the innocent Black woman who was actually killed.”

13 Likes

Just further shows that our government and law enforcement do not care about representation or justice, only suppression and oppression

8 Likes

So, police, plain-clothed in some places, holding a weapon, can kick in your door, without announcing who they are. You, fine citizen, are supposed to sit up in bed and think to yourself: “Hmm, this mayhaps be a fine constable! I shall wait and let them ziptie me before I make any harsh judgements against them!”

While on the other hand, the police, in numbers, guns drawn and aimed, seeing an unarmed thirteen year-old walking in the street, should be allowed to value their lives by shooting him, from several yards away, multiple times, because he didn’t raise his hands quickly enough.

We are supposed to be brave and rational and value the lives of people kicking in our front doors, and police are allowed to kill anyone that makes them feel in any way threatened, armed or not.

2 Likes

No, you’re just supposed to die without complaint or recourse.

7 Likes

I knew someone in college who had something like this happen to them, their teen daughter had someone from her group of friends call the cops on her alleging that they were holding or selling hard drugs. The cops burst in without knocking, my college friend was in the shower and they pulled her out from the shower naked with so much force they broke her arm so bad it needed surgery. They never found anything, didn’t apologize and refused to acknowledge the whole thing, she almost didnt graduate on top of everything because one teacher was giving her a hard time for needing to take time off for the surgery.

Cops are garbage.

8 Likes

At least one officer in Louisville shot, no reliable details at this time. https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/breonna-taylor-announcement/h_3af3d5add90a5f98eca09f9161f247ee

1 Like

In short, yes. That pretty much sums it up.

2 Likes

Two officers shot, one stable and treated, other in surgery but stable. Chief said a suspect in custody.

What did they think would happen?

No justice, no peace.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.