State senator blames mass shootings on lack of god in schools, forgetting Nashville shooting was, um, at a Christian school

There are so many people with such stupid ideas about this, that it’s very easy to accidentally assume someone taking a bit odd angle is one of the loons.

1 Like

This mindset, though, certainly predates Trump. It was sort of a readymade audience for him.

4 Likes

Let’s all not be so quick to judge the good senator, maybe god stepped out for a smoke.

1 Like

It’s the guns.

5 Likes

I thought you were quite clear.

1 Like

I don’t mean to yell here, but the shooting was perpetrated BY A PERSON WHO WAS EDUCATED AT THAT SCHOOL.
Do these people even hear the things they say? It’s insanity.

3 Likes

I actually think that was the poster’s point, albeit too subtle by half.

My read of what they wrote was: let’s take a look at the mass murder rate in the U.S. after the 1962 ruling and especially after firearms restrictions were overruled to see how accurate the senator’s claim really is.

5 Likes

Yep, there we go, that’s what I thought you were trying to say.

That’s why it’s always a good idea to consider how other posters might read or misread your words.

5 Likes

No, no: this school was Christian-ing so hard that Satan took a special interest by sending a transgender to get them to stop. (Again, [/s])

3 Likes

Obligatory

6 Likes

If he’s just saying we wouldn’t hear about atrocities under his preferred regime, I’ll take his word for it. Plenty of historical precedent there.

1 Like

In the Senator’s defense, it was a godless Christian school.
/s

1 Like

… they were all loving Jesus wrong :confused:

5 Likes

Oh, so you mean they were actually loving Jesus and following his teachings?

8 Likes

“Let’s get back to mass stonings like God intended.”

7 Likes

miss jay gif GIF

5 Likes

He didn’t forget. C’mon, this is Evangelical Rationalization 101, the shooting was a direct message to righteous Christians that since God isn’t allowed in other schools, this is what will happen – with escalating violence against his chosen people until God is forced back into every school. How could He make it any more clear?

As a Gun-loving Quiverfull Pro Life White Male who is a Bible-reading, God-fearing Christian of discerning and correct Morality, it couldn’t be any more straightforward. We need more Guns, more God and less Libs.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.