Statue of Stalin to be reinstated in Gori, Georgia

[Permalink]

Totally cool. The world needs more Stalin. There arenā€™t enough evil murderous douche-bags in the world. Thanks Gori, Russia!

Welcome to the Past!

Enjoy your stay.

why would he possibly think Russains would like this?
Heā€™s the reason Russians hate Georgia to begin with.

Now maybe Braunau am Inn, Austria, will stop dragging itsā€™ ass and finally erect a statue of Hitler.

3 Likes

At first I was all like ā€œhaha this is totally ridiculous because Hitler is so much worseā€, then I realized

http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2011/jan/27/hitler-vs-stalin-who-was-worse/

ā€¦ no winners in that contest, ā€œtoo close to callā€ means, yeah, that would be more than a little like somewhere in Germany erecting a statue of Hitler.

Sobering.

pfft, thatā€™s nothinā€™! they got a statue of Tupac in Stone Mountain, Georgia:

Thereā€™s a bitter old Brooklyn joke about the Dodgers moving to Los Angeles at the end of the 1957 season.

Say you had Hitler, Stalin and Dodgers owner Walter Oā€™Malley together in a room and you also had a gun with two bullets. Who would you shoot?
Dumb question, you shoot Oā€™Malley twice, of course, once in the chest then in the head, just to make sure.

I think that was much more alienating than my suggestion it was going upā€¦in the US Houseā€¦until something got done. (Cutting the Curd seems to broadcast from Brooklyn. Pastoral, white-jumpsuited Brooklyn. Nyr?)

lolWUT?!!

couldnā€™t figure it out, either ĀÆ\ _ (惄)_ /ĀÆ

I can sort of understand the pull of nostalgia for the old days. I think itā€™s a bit crazy, but then I didnā€™t grow up in the USSR and I donā€™t live there now. Itā€™s surreal as hell and a bit scary. Iā€™m just waiting for people to start getting erased from photos, like the old days.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.