Statue of Trump kicked out of Texas wax museum after visitors repeatedly vandalize it

Originally published at: Statue of Trump kicked out of Texas wax museum after visitors repeatedly vandalize it | Boing Boing

4 Likes

They’re missing an opportunity. They could charge visitors for abusing the statues, placed throughout the museum.

The special paid restroom stalls alone would cover their operating costs.

32 Likes

Sounds like an opportunity for one of those hatchet throwing bars.

23 Likes

19 Likes

Untapped revenue streams.

Golden streams, so to speak.

13 Likes

They could switch to something able to take the hits, like ballistic gel, but that might encourage some of the people to up their game.

10 Likes

Gee-whiz, Mr. Security Guard. I was just trying to stay hygienic with my generous portions of ethanol/glycerol based hand sanitizer. :innocent:

7 Likes

visitors repeatedly vandalize it

15 Likes

If only the real ex-president were found to be under a thin coating of wax.

5 Likes

They can do it for him in Moscow and put him under Lenin.

2 Likes

I’m surprised that it isn’t also damaged by some visitors makng out with it or Ted Cruz kissing it’s wax ass.

3 Likes

“deep, cathartic scratches to the face”

That wording is chef’s kiss

11 Likes

The Berlin one looks sufficiently like him to get a pass, but the Texas one really does not!

2 Likes

They didn’t have to remove the statue, they could have placed it behind a plexiglass barrier so people couldn’t reach it.

That would give people an opportunity to graffiti some nice vertical bars onto the barrier.

5 Likes

I feel a little bad for the person who made it. First, because they had to study Trump closely to create it, second, because they HAD to have known this would eventually happen. Anyone who makes Trump’s tombstone is going to have the same sinking feeling: “Why bother, it’s just going to get trashed…”

1 Like

You have just made an AnCom think “Lenin doesn’t deserve that”. And it’s the day after the 100th anniversary of the end of the Kronstadt rebellion too.

I guess there really are different levels of unforgivable.

4 Likes

Perhaps they should install a wick and light it up. That way it would at least provide some light in these benighted times.

3 Likes

How many people do you think even recognize the reference you’re making here?
And just as interestingly, how many people do you think remember the 2005 remake?

1 Like

I imagine there are a lot of sf/fantasy/horror fans here who recognize it. But I didn’t even know there was a remake till I went searching for a suitable photo. I’m sure the remake was a great film. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Punching a wax Donald Trump is stupid. A wax Donald Trump would have made a much better president than the actual Donald Trump.

Doing literally nothing would have been a huge improvement over all of the malicious and criminal things he did, and fewer people would have died from Covid absent his active interference.

2 Likes