Steakhouse chain puts a meat and booze ice cream flavor on its menu

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/02/steakhouse-chain-puts-a-meat-a.html

3 Likes

Ron%20Swanson%20-%20Fist%20Pump

10 Likes

So not a lot of Orthodox Jews on their menu planning team then? Or were the “swirls of jerky” originally made of bacon?

The Jim Beam caramel sauce sounds ok. Probably the best outcome for a bottle of Jim Beam really, apart from using it to smack my dipshit neighbor upside the head the next time he starts burning a pile of wet wood in his side yard… thank dog I’m moving.

What? Sorry. Meat ice cream? Yum!

2 Likes

If I eat one bite of cat poop, can I have some meat and booze ice cream?

Mmmm, cold, wet, leathery steak bits.
Pass.

4 Likes

Does Longhorn Steakhouse give you free peanuts like Texas Roadhouse does? I’m not a “nuts in my food” kind of guy, but you’d have some extra toppers if you wanted.

3 Likes

There aren’t too many ways that sentence can end well

6 Likes

Well, maybe if you were at Friendly’s (Seeking a Friend at the End of the World).

2 Likes

I make a bacon bourbon ice cream each summer. This isn’t much of a stretch from that.

6 Likes

Hell, I’d eat bacon and egg-flavored ice cream if it had real bacon in it.

4 Likes

Try Bailey’s over vanilla ice cream. Try it and you won’t regret it. Try it enough and you won’t remember it.

3 Likes

well. the process is to cook the bacon and soak the milk/cream in the bacon fat. It then takes on the flavor properties of the bacon itself. Then you infuse and cook it with brown sugar and bourbon like you would any normal liquid for ice cream. The trick is to reduce the bourbon first and cook off some of the alcohol…which if too much is left in prevents good freezing later on.

2 Likes

In related news, a local cafe recently had to get an alcohol license just in case their rum ice cream had too much booze in.
(Which is how I learnt, that in the UK, you don’t need a license for less than 0.5% alcohol).

2 Likes

It’s not totally unusual, i’ve heard of places doing pork and also specifically bacon infused ice cream that sounded great. The steak and booze combo does pique my interest.

1 Like

Gag me with a spoon…then bring me a pint of Moose Tracks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.