Stephen King spurs Elon Musk to play the fool

Originally published at: Stephen King spurs Elon Musk to play the fool - Boing Boing

6 Likes

I swear, honest to god, I cannot fathom what the prompt would be, based on any logical response I can think of by an immature asshole to someone’s relatively innocuous observation.

Best I can come up with is, “Mafioso bites a gusher of water out of an eggplant while sitting under a pile of cash next to a Pennywise clown-shaped garden gnome.” Okay, and…

Oh, almost forgot: “rofl rofl”

5 Likes

The richest guy in the world is mocking Stephen King by depicting King (I assume that’s supposed to be King) hoarding a huge pile of money?

“Pot calling the kettle black” doesn’t even begin to describe that kind of cluelessness.

24 Likes

14 Likes

Did Elon get his fee fees hurt?

11 Likes

Well how dare Stephen King say what happened and imply it was a blunder. Maybe that was actually an extremely successful mission and the unscheduled horizontal combustion was beside the point. He doesn’t know! Nobody can know unless they read Musk’s PR statements!

13 Likes

While it’s hilarious to see how King is living rent-free in Musk’s head, that’s an apartment I wouldn’t wish on anyone

25 Likes

Penny wise; billionaire stupid.

35 Likes

… King should write a book about Elon and what a fuck-up he is

It would obviously sell a billion copies :open_book: :books:

13 Likes

Names would need to be change to avoid lawsuits. Maybe the big bad could be called Melon Usk?

9 Likes

420 billion!

7 Likes

… Musk is a public figure, libel is not relevant

Critical biographies of living people are published in America all the time :-1:

4 Likes

It’s not libel or defamation if it is true!

9 Likes

Look at all the folks who utter weird stuff in public. I call it Magaitis

3 Likes

That’s not the test of libel. Libel is a false written statement of fact that harms another person’s reputation. So you can libel a public figure, but only if you tell an outright lie about them that has the capacity to harm them in some way. For example, if King wrote a “nonfiction” biography claiming that Musk was a pedophile and that caused Musk’s stock prices to drop. But I don’t expect King or any other prominent writers to do that, because they aren’t idiots.

Or King could just write a novel where Musk gets impregnated by an evil clown or something, because that wouldn’t be presented as a statement of fact.

On the flipside Musk makes libelous claims against people all the time, from previously obscure figures like that random Jewish college student accused of being a Neo-Nazi plant to public figures like the woman Olympic wrestler Musk accused of being a man.

13 Likes

Just a reminder: That man is in his fiftys.
He acts like a 12 year old bully
I guess calling him a man is giving him too much credit.
The Elongated Muskrat is a pathetic spoiled-rotten Afrikaner nepo-baby, that squandered the money he got from the apartheid era slavery emerald mine of his father, in an incresingly desperate attempt to be loved and admired by everybody, even tho he is one of the most unlikeable, dull, yet obnoxious weenies on this planet.
God, how much bullshit could have been avoided if his parents would have hugged him from time to time…

14 Likes

mekon tusk! Souper Vllainnn

6 Likes

I feel like it’s unfair to say that King spurred Musk to play the fool, because Musk’s response is so disconnected to anything King did.

(It would be kind of funny if King’s response was, “You can find me on Bluesky (or whatever), I’ll be deleting this account.”

“Stephen King eats a [dick/eggplant] while Elon Musk looks on”? (I assume that’s who the clown represents.)

4 Likes

Is it just me, or does the clown in the background look a lot like Musk?

Is he becoming self-aware?

4 Likes

all clowns look like Musk :clown_face:

12 Likes