Stephen Miller's uncle: "My nephew is an immigration hypocrite

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/13/stephen-millers-uncle-my.html

13 Likes

tumblr_pbmuibBs4g1vmtp2uo1_500

15 Likes

Yeah, I have my doubts about that. Nativism, racism, misogyny et al do not reside in the realm of reason. They are motivated by pig-ignorance, fear and utter self-absorption, whether that be focused on oneself or one’s perceived “tribe”. Circled wagons are not rigid lines, but move fluidly to fit the moment’s narrative, which is why the only eventual outcome of these movements is internal collapse preceded by genocide. Eventually everyone starts looking brown (or Jewish or queer or any other “other”).

24 Likes

An immigration hypocrite, you say?

20 Likes

it was a great article from his uncle. Incredible how this entire cabinet seems to project everything.

23 Likes

We all know what Trumpers would say in answer to the very thoughtful article - assuming they have the ability to even get past the first paragraph.
Miller is not just a hypocrite, but a craven asshole who will do anything for money, fame, etc…
Fuck him and his giant forehead.

7 Likes

It’s nice to see family call out family, though. Through the Obama years, we generally kept quiet whenever my brother started spouting nonsense at family gatherings, so as not to fuel the fire. Now we realize that might have been a mistake.

Bonus: His own son punched him in the face once. My nephew, punching Nazis…

30 Likes

As he should be.

14 Likes

A whole bunch of anti-immigrant conservatives lately have been called out for exactly the same thing - demanding immigration laws that would have stopped their own families from being here. It’s a mix of outright racism (the standards they’re demanding aren’t expected to be applied evenly) and the old conservative attitude of, “I’ve got mine, fuck you.” Each of those is abhorrent on their own.

20 Likes

Naw, he is just continuing the long, rich tradition of the “Fuck you, I got mine” policy on immigration.

7 Likes

10 Likes

You know, I do not think they word “hypocrite” bothers the right one little bit. I think they’re just fine with hypocrisy, as long as they have power.

8 Likes

My family has another tactic. Dump all the fuel on the fire, go get more fuel, dump that on, and burn the racist out of the family.

8 Likes

I start to think that it is worse than that and their policy test is “is it hypocritical” and if not ‘yes’, it can’t be policy.

5 Likes

Roger that !!

2 Likes

That’s a fivehead.

3 Likes

For some, that’s kind of hard to do. My brother has always been the Stephen Miller type, not a buffoonish Trumpanzee or a redneck stars and bars-waving southerner. He managed to marry (twice), and have (decent) kids. He even held a high-ranking position at a major manufacturer in the U.S. for several years.
He’s always been able to read the temperature of the room pretty well, and to keep his shit locked down enough until he gets to the point where he can’t.

We love his wife (who always thought she could fix him) and the kids, but add in alcohol and a pro-gun stance, and it’s not easy to cut out that tumor because of the damage you might do to to the rest of the host.

7 Likes

10 Likes

This is one thing that people forget. Yea, there are a lot of Trumpanzies who fit that rube narrative - but Trump beat Clinton pretty handily in the suburbs with educated white men AND women and people/households making over 50K a year.

2 Likes

Yeah, all the white uber privileged assholes who think ISIS is coming to kill them while ordering a latte at Starbucks.

3 Likes