Stephen Miller's seriously racist emails

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-seriously-ra.html

4 Likes

4ac|nullxnull

16 Likes

Stephen Miller wrote RACIST EMAILS!?! I am SHOCKED!!!

ds9-quark-shocked

I wished that the existence of these emails meant he’d lose his job… sadly, for at least some Trump supporters, that’s a feature, not a bug. It will only endear him to them more, not less. And those supporters tend to the vocal minority of the folks who vote for him, meaning that’s the people Trump listens to. One can only hope that this and other revelations lead to some of the GOP breaking off and voting either for the democratic candidate or for a 3rd party candidate next year.

22 Likes

The first word out of my mouth on the morning after the election was “FUCK!” followed by “The racists have won.”

Not surprised by this at all and will make for interesting T-giving discussion fodder for the MAGAidiots in my family who still think it’s all just gonna work out in a loving “Christian Way”.

13 Likes

NO Wa…
Nope.

5 Likes

“Five foot ten? I didn’t know they could stack shit that high!”

10 Likes

At this point, it’s just easier to ask, “who did Nazi that coming?”

16 Likes

Cool. Coolcoolcoolcool. Maybe he can get on next season’s Dancing with the Stars?

16 Likes

Just seconds ago, I verified that there is a guillotine emoji out there, but it’s too bloody to include here.

6 Likes

If Eichmann had an e-mail account…

10 Likes

Miller, Sept. 1, 2015, 9:01 p.m. ET: “It’s treated as organic. No mention of voluntary policy which can be shut off.”

Miller, March 30, 2015, 10:35 p.m. ET: “Elites can’t allow the people to see that their condition is not the product of events beyond their control, but the product of policy they foisted onto them.”

This is a great insight into Steven Miller’s psyche. Sure, it was exactly what you’d think, but I find reading these candid sections very illuminating. Those two comments might be said by someone arguing for a wealth tax talking about how billionaires shouldn’t exist. Miller doesn’t seem to put anti-immigration down to a difference in political opinion, they really seem to think that it’s about our ignorance, and that if only we could understand things as well as Miller does we’d all realize how right Miller is.

Miller shared a link to a Canadian blog called Blazingcatfur.ca about Sweden Democrats, an anti-immigrant party, planning a gay pride parade through a Muslim-dominated neighborhood.

It’s set up like a classic proof by contradiction. Miller acts as if there is a binary right and wrong to everything, like we can deduce that people have a belief based on their other beliefs (deduce, not guess), that groups of people have uniform opinions based on superficial characteristics, and that Miller is so perfectly good at logic that there is no need to consult anyone else, just their own thoughts. So according to Miller we’ve got an amazing piece of logic:

1. A Muslim community would (not might, because Miller knows) object to a gay pride parade going through their neighbourhood
  2. There is no obvious, simple way to resolve that and make everyone happy
  3. Conclusion: No one can really respect both gay people and Muslims

Ironically I agree with Miller about one thing (assuming it’s hyperbole):

Miller, July 23, 2015, 11:50 a.m. ET: “This would have caused the american liberal media to collapse”

Pundits on TV might struggle mightily with a situation where a Muslim community was opposing a gay pride parade through their neighbourhood because many of them only signal pro-diversity values but don’t really understand them or believe deeply in them, plus they wouldn’t see it as an opportunity to think or learn something new.

7 Likes

Holy crap, I just realized that this exchange might get Miller fired, but we’ve got a lot of work to do.

Miller, March 30, 2015, 10:35 p.m. ET: “Elites can’t allow the people to see that their condition is not the product of events beyond their control, but the product of policy they foisted onto them.”

Miller correctly used the word “foisted”. Can someone with some media contacts figure out a way to get them to ask Miller about that comment, specifically get Miller to say the word “foisted”? Then we get late night comedians to put up tapes of Miller saying “foisted” and Trump saying “foistered”, highlighting that Trump is stupid and Miller is smart and obviously Miller is in charge and manipulating Trump.

God I wish I had the power to execute my machiavellian plans!

7 Likes

No worries: I’ve been informed that Miller can’t be a racist because his family background is Jewish. And Trump can’t be racist because he let his daughter marry a Jewish guy and therefore the magical transitive power of “Jews can’t be racist” applies to his entire family!

14 Likes
18 Likes

One of the crazy angles of this story is that the emails were shared with SPLC by former Breitbart editor Kate McHugh, who was later fired for that publication for her anti-Muslim tweets.

So to summarize: Miller was so racist that even a woman fired from Breitbart for being too racist thought he was unreasonably racist.

16 Likes

Easy to see why the little pencilnecked pipsqueak Miller is a Trump and Republican favorite. Confirmation Trump knew exactly where he could go to assemble his fellow ignorant intolerant base.

5 Likes

Kapo
Aporikos
Rodef
יִמַּח שְׁמוֹ וְזִכְרוֹ
And, oh yeah, he “no longer identifies” as a Jew. Instead he attends the same church as Michele Bachmann.

I’m only stopping there because I can’t think of worse things to say about him.
His bride-to-be? She has chosen to degrade herself by marrying a man of nearly pure evil.

“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[a] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

4 Likes

The sort of thing that makes people pray even more… or become atheists.

https://twitter.com/zacharybasu/status/1194383429879705601?s=21

5 Likes

Perhaps it was just some sort of revenge against Miller, rather than an objection to the racism?

3 Likes