Steve Austin fights Big Foot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/12/steve-austin-fights-big-foot.html

1 Like

Watched this devotedly as a kid, because this was the only new vaguely SF show on TV for a while.

(Bigfoot was a cyborg created by aliens to protect their wilderness hide-out, as I recall.)

14 Likes
9 Likes

Andre the Giant has a record for acting of 1.000 for me. The two times I have seen him in something outside of a wrestling ring have been practically iconic.

9 Likes

Whoaaaa! Let’s not give the kids the impression that bionics come with annoying sound effects!

5 Likes

Apparently that bionic eye Steve has makes Bigfoot look normal instead of grainy and out-of-focus.

Now that’s some advanced technology!

5 Likes

THANK YOU. watch and learn, young’uns,
watch and learn.

4 Likes

This ep freaked the crap out of me when I was a kid… The last part with the bridge and rotating walls was actually pretty damn cool, even by today’s standards - insane trippy. I’m going to smoke up and watch the full thing.

MacGyver’s bigfoot encounter was good too.

4 Likes

What was the other thing?

1 Like

The Princess Bride.

If you haven’t seen it, you must.

4 Likes

Anyone who hasn’t seen The Princess Bride already is likely a Russian bot.

7 Likes

“I’m here for Farrah.”

1 Like

The six million dollar man was the coolest thing in the world to me for a couple of years ago. I had the action figures and I had a paintable Austin v. Bigfoot plastic model(it was like 6 pieces to glue together, maybe). He was lifting Bigfoot over his head.

In retropsect, it seems that the sound of ‘bionics’ was about 90% of the shows appeal to me. :slight_smile: Still love those weird sounds.

2 Likes

You may have noticed in the clip that Lee Majors was horrifically constrained in range of expression in this series. From what I’ve read, in the storyline they had to disconnect most of the nerves in Steve Austin’s face in order to fully interface the additional bionic capabilities.

1 Like

He said “The two times I have seen him…”, The Princess Bride was assumed.

2 Likes

My favorite episode of my favorite show at the time. Haven’t seen it since it originally aired. Bigfoot was prettty creepy , and the rotating tunnel was disorienting, sitting about two feet from the screen as we did…

1 Like

Yep, scared hell out of me, too. As a kid I was terrified of any incarnation of Bigfoot.

3 Likes

I’ve never felt sorry for a bot before now.

1 Like

That Sasquatch really needed a wheelbarrow and holocaust cloak. Oh well.

4 Likes

And they would have gotten away with it if not for those darn kids!

4 Likes