Steve Bannon and Blackwater founder support Putin for being anti-LGBTQ

Originally published at: Steve Bannon and Blackwater founder support Putin for being anti-LGBTQ | Boing Boing

4 Likes

A quick little repost from the Drums Of War thread like a week ago

19 Likes

Fascist PA Senate candidate J.D. Vance took the same view when he was interviewed by Bannon:

He insisted in an interview that he and his buddies “did not serve in the Marine Corps to go and fight Vladimir Putin because he didn’t believe in transgender rights, which is what the U.S. State Department is saying is a major problem with Russia.”

Whether it’s anti-LGBTQ+ hatemongering like this or white supremacist hero worship of Putin, bigotry always underlies the American right’s support for Russia during this war. You don’t have to dig very far to find it, either. See also Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, Laura Ingraham, and (because there’s always a kapo in the mix) Glenn Greenwald.

27 Likes

Huh. I wonder what other warmongering autocrats in recent history that were also anti-gay these two shitstains would happily support…

Could it be…
[church lady voice] HITLER?

28 Likes

bannon

22 Likes

I wouldn’t give him that much appeal. Consider posting his picture after a trip through the digestive tract.

19 Likes

When these guys are on the other side; you know you are on the right side.

35 Likes

rod dreher shows that “never-trump” doesn’t mean “no longer a death-cultist”–

14 Likes

29 Likes

As I recall we didn’t exactly stand with the Hitlerjugend against Stalin.

There are just some shit-stains that don’t wash out.

4 Likes

Erik Prince might be the most dangerous person in America.

12 Likes

Oh there a plenty of dangerous whackos here.

7 Likes

Because “the Russians [sic] people still know which bathroom to use.”

I am beyond frustrated at how astoundingly primitive our society still is. Not only should we be well past people fearmongering about trans people using “the wrong bathroom”, gendered bathrooms shouldn’t even still exist- make them all unisex, FFS.

21 Likes

Well then, the men’s room would be a lot cleaner.

4 Likes

A right-wing fanatic, with a private army? Yep, that sounds about right.

10 Likes

These people are traitors. Maybe not guilty of treason to the United States under the extremely narrow legal definition there. But traitors to its allies on top of being well-known traitors to democracy, traitors to rights, and traitors to humanity. That people treat them as anything other than refuse is so deeply frustrating.

29 Likes

"This is genius. Bin Laden takes down these buildings with a couple of planes. How smart is that? That’s pretty savvy.

“Bin Laden liked me. I liked him. Had I been in office, this wouldn’t have happened.”

— What former president Clinton did NOT say on Sept. 11, 2001

25 Likes

My college had that in the 1980’s, before it was cool.

3 Likes

Well, how could we expect to survive the next cold war without culturally going right back to where we were when we started the last one? /s

(Note that we will not need to return to 50s levels of wealth inequality, tax rates, or unionization - oh look! A squirrel :chipmunk:!)

ETA: At least he admits the bigotry. Progress!

10 Likes

Ironically I feel that a lot of the steroid doping scandals from the Russians over years made people question what the point of gender based competitive sports was for. The answer for many people became, to heck with tradition. Sports should be about individual achievement, and everyone having a right to compete regardless of their identification.

3 Likes