When Putin attacked Ukraine, American right-wingers kissed his ass. They're backing off now he's been denied a quick victory

Originally published at: When Putin attacked Ukraine, American right-wingers kissed his ass. They're backing off now he's been denied a quick victory | Boing Boing

21 Likes

Ass kissing is the right word to use for the GOP in all of this except for Trump.

What he did is constantly give Putin sloppy blowjobs. Donnie went out of his way to try to tear apart our alliances in europe and asia. Never forget that.

57 Likes

It’s ok, the Russia Fluffers will resume to their scripts soon enough. RT and others are feasting on the free ice cream…

26 Likes

Toadies are always fickle cowards. When the bullies they worship falter even slightly they run. They also believe that people have short memories, but we don’t.

54 Likes

That’s one of the things about authoritarians: they are very quick to denounce authority figures whose authority has begun to wane. They don’t wait for the authority figures to fall; they jump on the bandwagon as soon as possible to get on the good side of whoever the next authority figure might be.

38 Likes

Stupid and evil. This stank shouldn’t wash off of them. Ever.

46 Likes

In addition to the invasion not being the cake walk they envisioned, I also doubt it’s a co-incidence that they’re taking this turn just as the ability for Russian banks to send money into the West is being turned off. Murdoch will take care of Swanson as long as he’s useful but Tulsi and her ilk need that regular cheque-y cheque-y to keep things going.

49 Likes

Hell I hope there are even real material consequences for some of them some day.

36 Likes

I think American right-wingers are still confused and disoriented by the idea that Ukrainian patriots are defending their capital instead of attacking it.

79 Likes

May it be enough to make some of them realize the horrible truth about themselves and what they’ve become. Just one even…

31 Likes
33 Likes

Not that I want to help them; but this is a softball to those Republicans who want to run against Trump in the primary. Trump’s weakness and his sucking up to Putin makes him a poor candidate in 2024.

Assuming there are any Republican candidates who aren’t just as tainted with the Putin stank. Which is a big if.

35 Likes

Just remember to keep in mind Republican voters ability to deny reality. It won’t matter what any Republican candidate said in the past. The only thing that matters to the GOP voters is what the wanna be dictator is saying at the moment.

27 Likes

I have many choice words for Putin, but fool is not one of them.

1 Like

Every sliver that causes just a few people to doubt Trump or that they just can’t bring themselves to vote R that year is a good thing.

22 Likes

He’s not looking much like a genius this week.

23 Likes

I don’t know about that anymore. He’s made a lot of extremely foolish decisions over the past few days and doesn’t seem to be improving.

28 Likes

He made the foolish mistake of listening to himself. And himself only.

23 Likes

This…prior to this invasion, I thought of Putin as smart and calculating, but there seems to have been no strategy. I guess that’s what happens when your surrounded by yes men for too long.

21 Likes

I’ve worked with a few Ukraine born engineers. The last place in the world I would consider conquering is that place (aside from Afghanistan). Very smart, very very tough, and relentless people. And they have home court advantage. I’m sure Russia will eventually over run the place for the short term but there will be a steady stream of body bags going back to Russia until they leave. There is no way this going to end well for puttypoo.

29 Likes