Steve Bannon calls for beheading Dr. Fauci and FBI Director Wray

Do we just give them a homeland?

7 Likes

Vanilla ISIS

2 Likes

The Marshall Islands. Its a US territory, Nobody lives there.

They even have a dome to keep the rain out

11 Likes

A perfect choice for the Ayn-cap seasteaders. If they want dry land then they will have to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

16 Likes

Remember, kids, when Republicans do this, where’s your sense of humor? Of course they’re just joking around, you humorless snowflake.

When anyone else does it, they’re terrorists who will kill your kids if you don’t elect Republicans.

16 Likes

Sheesh, can’t you all take a joke? The guy is a comedy mastermind, like injecting bleach, you must be a humorless bunch since you cant see comedy gold!

2 Likes

You beat me to it!

Protip, because you’re brand new, and because of Poe’s Law, you should include a hint to whether you’re being sarcastic yourself.

A /s at the end of your post suffices.

10 Likes

There is nothing funny about a con man with a hard on for the apocalypse.

6 Likes

Unfortunately it is likely protected. The bar for true threats is stunningly high for public figures engaged in political speech. Bannon knows enough to stay just on the inside of that line and saying that it should happen probably fits the bill.

1 Like

Is it close enough to the line for the FBI to have a couple hour long “chat” with Bannon after dragging him out of whatever hole he’s living and/or working in right now?

5 Likes

And yet if someone were to shoot Steve Bannon in the head they would be held liable. Where is the justice in that, I ask you?

The Taliban were able to actually run a country. Not well. Not competently. But they met the bare minimum. The Black Shirts aren’t that good.

3 Likes

I’m just amazed by the first minute of the discussion.

Don’t you get it, Steve? YOU GUYS ARE THE TORIES IN THIS SCENARIO!

2 Likes

I was about to say that the same is true of Western far right terrorists but the article is actually surprisingly in depth and does cover this.

Besides, if terror groups required engineers to function, then engineers would also be heavily represented in non-jihadi organizations. Hertog and Gambetta found that was not true on the left—Marxist terrorists were historically dominated by social science and humanities graduates—but in the process discovered it was true on the secular Western right.

For the social scientists, the engineer factor casts a sharp, clarifying light on the deep similarities between all varieties of right-wing terrorism. Engineers have been disproportionately prominent on the Western right-wing fringe from the earliest days of the Nazi party, “when being a member wasn’t a career move,” as Hertog dryly remarks, through the Italian fascists of the later 20th century. “Strip the religion out of Islamist ideology—this can’t actually be done in Middle Eastern Muslim countries, but as a concept—and what’s left is basic extremist right-wing ideology: obsession with purity [religious, racial, cultural], xenophobia, fascination with a mythical past, belief in brute force,” Hertog says.

6 Likes

Has this every stopped him before?

2 Likes

Please don’t blame beheadings on mental disease. There’s enough stigma as it is. If we are talking about the same incidents, those murderers were just fanatically religious.

2 Likes

I don’t see that article as positively as you appear to.

So the obstacles to firing Fauci consist of whether two political appointees refuse to follow an order from the President (which therefore can only amount to a delay at best since their alternative to compliance is leaving their post and the President appointing someone who will comply - and while many Presidents might not like the optics of senior officials resigning in protest or being fired, Trump and his supporters would love it).

There would then be scope for an appeal. To a board which doesn’t exist since Trump hasn’t appointed anyone to sit on it and there is no way to make him do so.

The reality I think is that Trump keeps Fauci around for a few reasons.

1. I think there are just enough functioning brain cells in the White House to realise that they do need competent advice - whether they decide to follow it or not; and I think more importantly:

2. It suits Trump to have ‘eggheads’ around to argue with.

It means he has a constant source of controversy and any time he likes he can provide his supporters with another dose of “Trump’s not like them, he’s like us. He won’t fall for those science libs lies/ he knows our Freedom™ is more important than some pesky virus/ look how the establishment is trying to stop OUR PRESIDENT from doing his job!!11!” (cut and paste as appropriate).

Consistency is irrelevant. Actually getting anything done is irrelevant. All that matters is keeping the message going that “The libs” are trying (and often succeeding) in preventing/undoing the good works of Donald J.Trump.

4 Likes

Trump knows that Biden would put Fauci on the payroll ten seconds after he was fired so he won’t do that.

1 Like

I’m sure the Mercer’s will be asked to repudiate his calls to violence any minute now.

6 Likes