Steve Bannon tries to sleaze his way into European far-right, they tell him to go home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/16/steve-bannon-tries-to-sleaze-h.html

3 Likes

They all SAY “We hate foreigners,” but it turns out that they mean each other. Crazy Europeans…

19 Likes

Hahaha oh man, I love watching this administration slowly implode. Bannon got mad at Trump, burned his bridges, and now he’s learning why “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you” is a saying that exists.

Turns out that if you’re a massive, hateful shit-sack, you should probably get that next job lined up really solidly before you tell your boss what you really think of him. Huh. Learning is fun!

13 Likes

Wait… you’re saying Nationalists are rejecting leadership from outside their own nations? WHAT A CRAZY WORLD.

41 Likes

Yeah, it turns out that assholes that don’t get along well with others…don’t get along well with others. hocodanode?

21 Likes

Donny Two Burgers sloppy seconds fascist not a big hit in the EU?

Who would’a thunk?

11 Likes

I hope he donates his liver to science - that thing is indestructible.

4 Likes

Live by the xenophobia, die by the xenophobia.

13 Likes

What is dead may never die, but apparently it may wander the Earth, rotting on the bone within a cocoon of multiple bad-smelling button-down shirts

10 Likes

Tories love him. When Boris takes over the English fascist party he’ll probably have Bannon to thank.

6 Likes

The guy is pretty desperate in his attempts to scrape up the money for his current ventures, too:

7 Likes

They already have Putin giving them orders, why would they pay for someone else to do it?

4 Likes

I was just thinking how nice it was that he seemed to have completely disappeared from the news.

I almost thought that picture was another Photoshop. Perhaps he should encourage people to be comfortable with their appearance, and that they shouldn’t let aesthetic qualities stop them from voicing their opinion?

1 Like

Bannon was trying to create an internationalist group of nationalist movements?

You could view this contradiction as evidence that Bannon is dumb, but it seems more likely to me that Bannon is perfectly aware that “nationalist” posturing is in many cases just cover for even uglier values and goals.

5 Likes

Well, not all nationalists, obviously, :wink:

8 Likes

My god it looks like the flesh is falling off his face, he’s a zombie or he withstood an atomic blast. OMG, I hope all the radiation didn’t give him super human powers.

2 Likes

I’d like to believe that, but he was welcomed by Marine Le Pen.

3 Likes

Current sustaining fantasy: “The body pulled from the canal in Cambridge Town this morning has been identified as former White House adviser . . .”

6 Likes

International Nationalists Unite!

Hell no.

4 Likes

Hidden away, there’s a portrait of him that’s still pristine after all these years.

However, he has wood worms and dry rot.

8 Likes