Steve King loses Iowa Republican Primary

I hope it’s good news for Iowa despite his replacement, but if nothing else, it’s good news for Stephen King.

11 Likes

I would say that they care very much about racism. Enough to ensure that it keeps getting elected.

6 Likes

Best take I’ve seen so far was

Steve King Continues to Uphold Ideals of Confederacy by Getting Absolutely Destroyed on Home Turf

16 Likes

Yes. As someone who grew up in Iowa the only thing I am sad about is that he isn’t likely to just disappear in shame and never been seen again. He is too useful as the guy you can roll out to say the racist shit out loud on TV.

The new guy may be not much better and may be harder to beat in the fall, but after 2016 I no longer am interested in “candidates so bad they can’t possibly win the general election” and Steve King wasn’t even that – since he won 9 times already.

3 Likes

Ha Ha!

1 Like

I think it was this whooper from a 2019 New York Times article that did him in:

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?,” he asked. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

Had he not conflated “Western Civilization” with white nationalist and white supremacist he probably would have been on the ballot. White supremacy and definitely White nationalism played no role in forming Western Civilization. Those concepts came much, much later.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.