Stoner shocked when he disables his ad blocker

Originally published at: Stoner shocked when he disables his ad blocker | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Guy who wants to buy a internet company acts shocked about targeted ads

24 Likes

Was he so high that he forgot which deal he’s trying to weasel out of, or is he trying to tank Youtube stock before a big buy-up? There is only one lens for Elon tweets now.

13 Likes

11 Likes

It’s troll all the way down, isn’t it? ISN’T IT?!?

6 Likes

6 Likes

Richest man in the world can’t pay $10 for youtube premium?

24 Likes

He’s not liquid enough

15 Likes

Does he realize those ads are targeted at him? I don’t see that many scam ads on Youtube. Time to think about your viewing habits Elon.

20 Likes

To be fair, i am surprised by the actual, literal scam ads on YouTube. Google doesn’t really do any leg work to see if an ad is for something legit or not. I’ve seen a number of video ads for stuff like getting free unlimited game currency for popular video games, fake mobile versions of games that don’t actually have a mobile version, totally fake apps, questionable/fake products, etc.

Also sending in flags for these ads is really difficult. I tried once a while back and gave up

PS: i get these ads when in the official phone app since i can’t block the ads there

7 Likes

It’s been this way for decades. I blocked the google text ads way way back when it was all ridiculous scams.

“Get your free PS3 here” - IIRC, it wasn’t even ANNOUNCED at that point.
“Download Star Wars Episode I here” - It was still in theaters.

You can’t bother with the obvious scams, I can’t bother with your ads.

6 Likes

So at some point, my ad blocker stopped working, and I had to find a new one. But before that, I saw some youtube ads, including an ad for Slavic women that was so misogynist that I thought for a minute this was satire. :confused:

6 Likes

When my YT adblocker wasn’t working, most of the ads I saw were for Liberty Mutual Insurance.
Which is certainly a scam, but…

Perhaps he’ll do us a favor and buy YouTube and clean it up. Heh.

4 Likes

I don’t think Google (er… “Alphabet”) has any interest in selling Youtube.

2 Likes

Elon probably paid for half the bots on YouTube and the twitters.

Then feigns shock.

11 Likes

There must have been a Tesla ad touting full self driving.

4 Likes

Did “One trick of a flat belly” finally go away? That was everywhere for the longest time. (And always with the same appalling grammar.)

5 Likes

“Doctors say to never eat this weird fruit!!”

8 Likes

The “these are the most beautiful twins” chumbox item always squicks me out.

4 Likes

Youtube is riddled with doubled up ads that are only sometimes skippable, in a pattern that seems designed to inspire the maximum amount of rage. Ads that play before, during, and after videos. I have seen double 15 second ads in front of one minute videos.

Fuck Youtube ads, for real though.

4 Likes