Store not allowing purchase of eggs by minors over Halloween

If you criminalize eggs, only criminals will have eggs.

What about those kids who want to keep eggs handy for self defense on Halloween?

They will be left to fend for themselves with nothing but rocks, aluminum baseball bats and garbage can lids.

9 Likes

Eggs donā€™t damage homes. People damage homes.

4 Likes

Hopefully to a time when kids donā€™t egg houses. Doubt thatā€™ll come, though.

For us it was cars. Houses make for boring egg-targets. Even better: when the road-ragers see that theyā€™ve taken egg-fire, sometimes they will vault their stupendous SUV into a forest in order to try and chase down the perp-egg-trators. Which makes for quite the hijinks.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be nonplussed if my cat got egged, but thatā€™s why I carry super soakers loaded with lemon juice and hot sauce.

(Plus I can use it on my burritos)

3 Likes

Iā€™ll stand across the yard in goggles & a plastic smock and hold my partially unwrapped burrito up so you can shoot it. Itā€™ll be fun.

2 Likes

Hide in a large clay pot until everyone has gone home and change the signage?

3 Likes

You still sound rather proud of yourself.

1 Like

That night, I threw an egg, one egg, from the top of a large berm out to the street, which was a good 40 yards from me. Had to arc the egg way up high to get all that distance, and while I had no expectation of hitting anything, I did hit the passing Mr. SUV and he did lurch into the swale and then up the berm and into the forest where we were fleeing, ostensibly to run us down for putting egg on his shiny large vehicle.
So yes, I DO still have the sweet, sweet satisfaction of watching that egg come down, someā€¦30+ years later. Has my car been egged or shot with a paintball gun or just damaged by persons unknown before, during, or after that point? Yes. Did I feel the need to assault someone over it? Nope. So between Johnny Law doing his best to lecture us to not throw eggs as he was pelted with them and Mr. SUVā€™s deeply flawed sense of justice (or vengeance?), Iā€™m pretty okay about the whole egg thing.

But wow. What. A. Throw. Fucken egg-toss champions would weep to see it.

2 Likes

ā€¦and this is why we canā€™t have nice things.

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.