Store not allowing purchase of eggs by minors over Halloween

[Read the post]

Shops have been doing this since I was a kid in the 80s. Really nothing unusual on the run up to Halloween.

4 Likes

There are kids who wait until the 24th to buy their eggs? Amateurs. Everybody knows if you’re really gonna egg Mr. Machinist’s mailbox you’ve gotta get your eggs at least a month early.

21 Likes

[quote=“SpunkyTWS, post:3, topic:68209, full:true”]
There are kids who wait until the 24th to buy their eggs? Amateurs. Everybody knows if you’re really gonna egg Mr. Machinist’s mailbox you’ve gotta get your eggs at least a month early.
[/quote]Gotta have that stink.

7 Likes

At $5 a dozen, that’s more of a deterrent.

5 Likes

If your supermarket has a sign like this, kids, you know what to do

Uhh… not… buy… eggs? or… egg the supermarket? I’m not following.

4 Likes

Ban something, and they will need to get them illegally. Just like drugs and guns.
Also I guess you could buy them before the 24th. Rotten eggs are better than fresh ones, no?

4 Likes

Oh sure. Now we have the War Against Halloween. Why isn’t Fox News all over this?

9 Likes

When I was a kid and buying something a store wanted to regulate, I usually just threw the money at them and walked out with it. If they were too vigilant for that, I’d leave the money in place of the object and sneak it out. So long as they were somehow paid their asking price, my conscience was clear.

4 Likes

Because Halloween is enjoyed by those Not-Us people, and was originally pagan anyway. :smile:

2 Likes

I like how the randomly generated capitalization really drives home the “we are not deep thinkers” message.

2 Likes

Find an adult outside and offer them money to go in and buy you eggs?

13 Likes

Ooh, go to your local coop or farmers market and purchase free range, organic eggs to pelt people with? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

even better: Grow Your Own. Add irony points if you’re living in a #coop.

9 Likes

What’s a capital-e Egg?

The last time I was denied eggs, we just went to the next store and bought double the amount there. And during our …oh dear…eggxercise raining eggs down on the unsuspecting drivers at the corner of the Piper Hill Private Gated Golf Community (the green of one hole overlooked a stop sign area and the whole course had a 5+ foot surrounding wall–it was a fortified location), we had the remarkable bonus of a county sherif stopping and getting out for a quick look. Although he and his car were well-painted with eggs during our 2 or 3-minute meeting, he didn’t draw his gun and fire at us, nor was the SWAT team called in.

Times, they are a changin…

6 Likes

Those were the days. Now…

8 Likes

Well those kids should have gotten them a week ago, that way they be nice and stinky for the big day

I don’t know if this makes me the concern troll for this thread but I know a couple of families who had hundreds of dollars worth of damage done to homes and cars by vandals armed with eggs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=paint+damage+caused+by+thrown+eggs

2 Likes

They should count their blessings, being among the lucky ones that encountered vandals

1 Like