Storytime with The Lincoln Project! Listen to brief excerpts from niece Mary Trump's tell-all book

Its kind of a full on anti-anti-intellectual tone, but directed at anti-intellectuals, so I am confused as to who they are targeting. It is expected to be interpreted as satire?

Did we “date” very briefly in college? 'cause I’m having flashbacks now…

2 Likes

Well I’ve got one for you-

A guy I work with found out I’m really liberal today- and he’s extremely conservative. Very religious. He told me he didn’t vote for Trump the first time, but he’s absolutely voting for him now in November!

What kind of creature is he? I honestly thought noone would willingly vote for him AFTER seeing what he’s done for 4 years if they were against him before- isn’t that basically openly becoming evil?

I almost feel like if I asked him, he’d say Trump hasn’t been horrible enough. He already said the BLM protestors being thrown in unmarked vans was entertaining. He’s very meek as a man, very polite- would never expect this if you met him.

These people exist folks. I work with them, and I don’t know how I don’t chuck myself in lathe and spin myself in half instead

1 Like

I think the choice of reader should be considered in the context of what the producers expect Trump’s response to be…it seems to me many of these videos are intended to be direct messages to Trump. Does he watch them?

People who understand satire will dislike its laboured tone. If it is aimed at people who do not understand satire, in an attempt to signal that it IS satire, this tone may be deliberate. Still a fail, though, for me, on both counts.

That may be a more likely explanation for the way this was read.

1 Like

Correction: he’s hand delivered a blueprint to make the dem party more closely match the republican party he wants.

2 Likes

HA! I couldn’t afford Pop Tarts in college. Maybe a generic “toaster pastry”.

1 Like

just saw “episode 3” of story hour which makes me even more inclined to this viewpoint…this time the reader is surrounded by symbols of power. Some of these would tend to leave a negative impression on many viewers, suggesting to me there are deliberate choices here. (alligator skin chair, for instance)

1 Like

But wait, in #2 they use 2 different cameras with two completely different settings. Really jarring to watch.

Does anyone know who the reader is? I don’t recognize him from any movies or TV, but something about him fascinates me.

I also want his glasses.

Looking forward to Trump saying he barely knows his own niece, but he might have met here once or twice at some large extended family gatherings.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.