Stuck car recovery topples 100+-year-old California landmark

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/15/stuck-car-recovery-topples-100-year-old-california-landmark.html

8 Likes

We can never have anything nice.

8 Likes

Derelict remains from resource extraction company toppled over by jerk who was destroying nature by driving in the wrong place.

9 Likes

@Bonivus_elderheart - Jinx!
everybody loves raymond my posts GIF

2 Likes

If his car had been left stuck there, I wonder how many years it would take before it became a beloved relic worthy of protection itself?

(There are a number of similar examples of other derelict cars that eventually became local landmarks)

3 Likes

I know the odds are slim it was a Cybertruck, but… this sure sounds like a Cybertruck owner kind of move.

4 Likes

Does that even have a winch?

I thought it did as an option, but a quick search suggests it does not. Seems like it should with the press it’s been getting. After-market options should be available, though, no?

Sure. But Skum will find a way for the software to brick the car if the third party part was not approved, licensed etc (i.e. paid a ransom to Tesla).

2 Likes

I think also Jeep Gladiator or Dodge Ram owners could make that kind of move.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.