Studio Ghibli Fest is in full swing. Catch a screening of Ponyo this week!

Originally published at: Studio Ghibli Fest is in full swing. Catch a screening of Ponyo this week! | Boing Boing

1 Like

I took the Peas Twins to the screening of the Spirited Away theater performance for their 17th birthday(s) a few weeks ago. It was pretty incredible and I honestly found the story easier to follow. I wish they were planning to show it again, because I know a lot of people weren’t aware of it and would have gone. Ghibli Fest is being put on by Gkids, who are responsible for bringing basically all of the great international animation to the US over the past 10 years, so hopefully they’ll offer a home release at some point. Just found this clip on their website:

2 Likes

Ponyo is one of my favorite movies of all time. It’s the film with which I introduced my partner to Ghibli, Miyazaki, anime, and animation that adults can enjoy. It’s become a touchstone in our relationship.

But I’m still not going to go to a super spreader death box to watch it - I’m fine with HBO Max, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.