Study shows COVID-19 causes erectile dysfunction

I’m pretty sure someone’s having fun with the implication that worries about their dongs might be the thing that gets…certain…men to get vaccinated. And I have no problem with letting those guys think that.

2 Likes

I kind of do have a problem with it. It might work as a short term play to get a few more people vaccinated, but it does more damage to people’s trust in science over the long run.

I have no problem with cathartic joking on an internet message board. I wish it was a proven fact so it could be used to up vaccinations among people who’s identity is tied to their virility!

But if this study were to turn into an actual campaign then it would cause more damage than it prevents. When it turns out to not be true, it just gives people who were already predisposed another reason to distrust science and listen to their Fox/Newsmax/OAN soothsayers.

2 Likes

Very doubtful. Let me channel an Average Republican…

4 Likes

The good news is you are probably safe in this regard. The study itself has zero statistical power. It barely qualifies as anecdotal. Involved four men, two who had previously tested positive for COVID and 2 that did not. I’m honestly surprised it got published, but it is a fairly obscure journal - we aren’t talking the Lancet or JAMA here. The men already had ED that required surgery, so at best COVID is a contributing factor,

Hope your recovery from COVID is going well.

2 Likes

that is good news, thanks. COVID is such a weird virus, and new things keep popping up all the time that are connected to it – and we don’t even really know the long-term effects of it yet! it’s concerning to see what’s turning up as time goes on.

1 Like

If this won’t drive the guys to get their shots, nothing will. "If you don’t get your shots you will have to change your name to “Limp Willie”.

1 Like

They just want bigger guns.

2 Likes

I can only hope that when “things” happen, that there is no collateral damage or harm to the innocents.

1 Like

I can’t wait to find out what the COVID-19 equivalent of Shingles will be.

2 Likes

No wonder vaccines against Covid 19 were developed so quickly! We must protect cocks at all costs! /s

1 Like

Well, shit. That’s what I have my guns and 80,000 coal rollin’ truck for.

1 Like

Yes. Don’t lie (or mislead) with the attitude that it supports the “right behaviour” . 'Coz that’s the “wrong” behaviour

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.