Stupidest car chase ever caught on video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/20/stupidest-car-chase-ever-caugh.html

8 Likes

Where’s my Yakety Sax?

27 Likes
9 Likes

Don’t feel bad Ukraine. Americans don’t know how to use roundabouts either.

Found a closeup of the driver…

9 Likes

Were they deliberately taunting the cops? Why not just, you know, leave?

16 Likes

Even more stupid than this?

13 Likes

A more with-it police officer would have commandeered one of those handy asphalt trucks and made a really big mess.

8 Likes

I’m gonna have to give the award for “biggest idiot” to the guy driving the cop car, here.

• crashed into the curb
  • tried to punch the fleeing car’s window
  • poor pathing AI (little effort made to intercept rather than chase)
  • ran behind a dump truck while it was reversing
  • fired gun indiscriminately
  • tried to be a human roadblock
  • left partner behind
41 Likes

It’s as if they’re in a Westworld universe specifically made for very very thick people.

“So how much would we need to expand our road network to facilitate the car chase adventure?”
“Naaah… the existing parking lot will be fine mate. They’ll love it”

12 Likes

Every part of this video confuses me. It starts off with the cop car hitting the center planter, hard. Yet it’s obviously raised and visible, and it’s not like the cops were distracted by something else - everything they could have been worried about was right there (the chased driver, the pedestrian). The driver goes around and around when they could just leave, driving right by the cop car, even with a cop shooting at them. Then the car driving off with the cop car in pursuit, leaving the one cop just standing there.

They must have been taunting the cops; even if they were intoxicated or mentally ill, it wouldn’t make sense otherwise. (Though if the cops were intoxicated, it would make more sense.)

I dunno - feels redundant here.

Amazingly, yes.

12 Likes

A little excitement in an otherwise dull day.

6 Likes

I can’t abide terrible rotary work.

But it’s good that no one went over 4:

10 Likes

“Look kids! Parliament! Big Ben!”

14 Likes

It was interesting to see how long it took the chasing officer to realize he could just go the other way. I’d have loved to seen the car lap the officer.

3 Likes

I was thinking Cake’s “The DIstance,” or just some good 'ol “Sabotage.”

8 Likes

In America, the cops would have just emptied a few clips into the driver.

4 Likes

This is just like driving in an IKEA parking lot.

7 Likes
6 Likes

I love this new footage added to Avengers Endgame. Thanks for the sneak peak.

6 Likes

In my area, at least, the IKEA has a downright sane parking lot compared to my nearby Costco. The Costco is like the Hotel California of parking lots.

4 Likes