Styrofoam mug visible in Game of Thrones

Google is the ultimate AI - it makes people think they are more intelligent than they actually are.

2 Likes

My bet is that the barista spelled her name “Diner Sauce”.

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that kind of raised-lip lid on a styrofoam cup, only paper ones — aren’t lids on styroforam cups generally flatter?

1 Like

“Latte for DONNIE. DONNIE…”

2 Likes

There have been a full seven (soon to be eight) Star Wars films to hit theaters since GRRM started writing this series. All but three of those films were produced in the time since his most recent book was released.

The only way he lives long enough to see A Dream of Spring through is if he somehow grafts his living body to the roots of a magical tree.

8 Likes

Absolutely, and in doing so they are getting sloppy. It’s especially noticeable in the writing.

7 Likes

Hm… I guess it just goes to show that they still have not completely conquered the problem of translating a work from one medium to another…

5 Likes

It’s just a subtle sign that in the final episode they’re going to reveal everyone’s been living in a computer simulation the whole time. But the simulation is actually in an insane asylum, and the asylum is on Mars, but it’s Mars as envisioned in the mind of an eight-year-old boy, who is living in a post-apocalyptic Earth, that’s actually in an alternate universe where the Vietnam War had a different outcome, and also everyone’s dead. And drinking coffee.

19 Likes

6 Likes

Is this like the Coke can found on Mars?

Reminds me of a Dark Shadows goof. At the end of each show, there was an empty room and the credits rolled over that. In one hilarious epesode, Jonathan Frid (Barnabas) accidentally walked into the room while obviously studying his script during the credit roll. Someone must have yelled at him and he looked up, startled, and slunk off the set.

3 Likes

I hear there was a latte disappointment with the episode overall.

7 Likes

The flagon with the dragon contains the brew that is true.

10 Likes

Something like that…

5 Likes

SPOILERS

No no no … that mug kills Cersi!

2 Likes

21 Likes

10 Likes

Dunkin very recently switched away from Styrofoam here for all sizes.

2 Likes

They mostly ran out of source material to translate by the time they hit season 6.

3 Likes

I’m aware. They did know his broad outline and where he planned to take the characters in the last 2 books, so they weren’t operating entirely blind.

3 Likes