Subtle superhero jackets

Also… Frockasaurus!!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/222542023/femme-cosplay-based-on-the-sixth-doctor?ref=related-3

She now has a 4th Doctor costume:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/295240623/femme-cosplay-based-on-the-fourth-doctor?ref=related-0

And a Beetleguise dress:

Hella-expensive, but they look amazing.

7 Likes

So Tom bakers daughter is called bindy baker?

I can’t wear those to work. :pouting_cat: And, yeah, holy hell are some of these dresses expensive. Almost $900 for a dress is crazypants.

6 Likes

I think they’re largely meant for cosplay/costuming/nice outings, etc. They are handmade to order, and look like they are made with top-quality stuff, so I surely understand why they are so expensive. If I had one, I’d FIND times to wear it… out for drinks? Out comes the 4th doctor dress! My problem with some of the stuff that Thinkgeek sells is that they aren’t always great quality stuff.

I do have to say, her dress version makes the Colin Baker outfit bearable to look at.

[ETA] As someone who wants to teach college, I think I could pull off the 4th Doctor outfit for teaching or presenting at conferences. :wink:

6 Likes

Those are fucking cute as hell. Alas, i’m a guy ]:

3 Likes

Yeah, the cosplay aspect is in all the descriptions. And thinkgeek is definitely not always very high quality. I bought the Startrek dress below, and it fit really damned weird. I ended up cutting off the tank portion, and made a skirt out of it. Works better that way.

I will say this for the skirt I ended up with: it has pockets!

7 Likes

An omission that is indicative of the systematic ignorance the fashion industry shows towards women´s demands.

4 Likes

That’s ridiculous. If that were the case, women would be having trouble with the simplest things, like finding dresses with functional pockets.

7 Likes

If only they were allowed to wear pants.

Zippers too.

I’m fond of wearing men’s hoodies as my ‘top layer*’, because they are generally more durable and well constructed, overall. If I wear a midriff hoodie as my ‘middle layer,’ I can’t help but notice that the respective zippers are placed on opposing sides.

*Where I live, wearing layered clothes isn’t just ‘a thing’, it’s a necessity.

6 Likes

The thongs and bikinis are after the click-through.

(source)

(source)

13 Likes

Oh, yay.

ETA to address your ETA:

Man that is one screwed up aspect ratio right there.

3 Likes

Why do I have to wear pants to get pockets.

Also, lots of women’s pants don’t have pockets either.

12 Likes

Looks fine when you click on it but yeah the preview is jacked

2 Likes

Normally that resets in a few minutes, but it has not. click-or-two-for-real-size has correct ratios, though.

UPDATE: now it’s fixed itself! Thanks, @system!

#meta

2 Likes

#HOW IS THAT EVEN STEAMPUNK

1 Like

Per Jeff, that happens when any image is “too tall.”

Long vertical panels like that have to be minimized before posting in order for the whole thing to show up.

But it was apt; very much worth the right click.

*lolz @ ‘tit-holes.’

So damn true.

3 Likes

It just needs about 10lbs worth of rivets, gears, buckles and brass

5 Likes

Um… steampunk is often victorian themed? That’s victorian style…?

WHO CARES IT’S A BETTLEGUISE VICTORIAN DRESS!!! DON’T RUIN MY DREAMS WITH YOUR CATEGORIES, OKAY!!!

7 Likes

See my reply to @OtherMichael, AKA killer of dreams.

8 Likes