Subtle superhero jackets

Yeah the listing is just trying to pull in people that like steampunk but really it’s just Victorian styled.

2 Likes

Here’s something to lift your spirits;

Power Girl got an upgrade that not only excludes the gratuitous ‘tit window’ but is totally BAMF too:

9 Likes

Are you mocking the frockasaurus, cause I’ll cut you!

5 Likes

I see they went with a modest underboob tease. Classy :stuck_out_tongue:

Joking aside, the design is much better. I’ve never cared for the Powergirl design

3 Likes

Nah, it’s legit awesome :smiley:

3 Likes

Seriously, her work is beautiful.

Am I a bad person for recognizing how the price is now dropped thanks to the continuing shit show that is the Brexit? Holy shit, I am!

7 Likes

I wish once, only once, “normal” sites had a pic with a more “rounded” gentleman (or lady). I have no idea how these would look on someone like me (i.e. fat).

3 Likes

You may not be able to wear skirts and have pockets.
I am not able to wear skirts and have an acceptable social life.

1 Like

No sexualization whatsoever would be expecting way too much; but the new design is still a vast improvement overall.

Same here.

5 Likes

?

7 Likes

*lolz

6 Likes

See how enterprising Brits will be rewarded with increased export sales!

At least until WTO tariffs get stuck on everything. And of course, all goods they might buy in return (like, say, food) will also be more expensive in return…

2 Likes

You absolutely must do this. I have a whole narrative worked out in my head for you meeting undergrads for the first time in the 4th doctor outfit.

I begged Mr. Jilly to wear this to his next faculty meeting, but he sadly refused.

8 Likes

Maybe talk to the men here who at times wear dresses and skirts?

[ETA] And I have to say, I’m not really sure why you’re attacking me on this issue. I have no problem with men in dresses, nor do many people here think it’s a problem. Most of us probably think it’s pretty cool, actually.

I personally have no control over how our society constructs gender norms for clothing. I say wear what you want and fuck everyone else. I do want the industry that makes women’s clothing to put pockets in more kinds of clothes I regularly wear and buy. You’re comment doesn’t seem intended to empathize on the issue of gendered clothing, rather to shut me down on an issue that you don’t find important. But these aren’t seperate issues, but interconnected ones.

Try, maybe building bridges instead of assuming because we are talking about pockets in women’s clothing we sneer at men in dresses. We really don’t.

8 Likes

My Cub Scout Pack is doing a camp over the Nov 4-6 weekend…

I am very much looking forward to teaching them about Guy Fawkes.

10 Likes

I can think of a good half dozen US cities where you’d be just fine wearing a kilt any damned time you want.

11 Likes

I just had this experience at DragonCon – my female friend and I took our sons, ages 13 and 15, and we’re browsing the hall looking for t-shirts that would flatter our bodies. Holy Grail doesn’t begin to describe our quest.

10 Likes

be careful, when you stare into the boob window the boob window also stares back

5 Likes

I’ve always thought that was a good look:

6 Likes

Romana’s costumes were generally hit or miss. She had some gorgeous ones, but some really unflattering ones, too. This one was super-cute:

3 Likes