Subtle superhero jackets

I fluv Oglaf.

6 Likes

I honestly wasn´t trying to attack you. I was thinking about our conversation as friendly banter.

1 Like

Not sure if I was a huge fan of this one, though:

3 Likes

Fair enough, but it really didn’t come off that way.

However, if that was how you intended, then I’ll surely take it in that spirit. No hard feelings!

4 Likes

I was just trying to make a point, in a less than fully serious way. Actually, I´m not into the idea of wearing skirts or a kilt. It would probably make me feel … unprotected.

1 Like

I want a skirt like the one in this video

5 Likes

Uhm, so I guess it would be bad to point out that the bustle makes it Edwardian rather than Victorian?

:cold_sweat:

6 Likes

When it’s 100F and super humid, you have no idea what you’re missing. :relieved:

10 Likes

pockets?

14 Likes

Feeling unprotected or vulnerable; yeah, females wouldn’t know anything about that.

Maxi dresses FTW, on that one.

12 Likes

Makes you wonder then how the Scots of all people came up with the idea of making skirts their traditional men´s wear.

1 Like

See, those adjectives apply - she is strange, she is unusual.

But there is nothing STEAMPUNK about that dress.

Here, I made some steampunk soup:

5 Likes

OM, are you an expert on that subject too?

2 Likes

Skirts are easier to make than pants? Oddball hangover influence from the Roman invasion? It’s not actually that cold in most parts of the country in winter (compared to say, Manitoba), so why not? (I note there’s no real history quickly available by quick search. I got wiki links to English observations from their invasion, but no real information beyond “sheep” and “looms”.)

6 Likes

here I am, minding my own business and asking an innocent question and out of nowhere you threaten to maim me.

#no pockets for you, lady!

6 Likes

##Who you callin’ “lady”?

*lolz

11 Likes

8 Likes

Predominantly mid-to-late 19th century, which is firmly victorian.

8 Likes

Of course he is… his man-ness makes him so! :wink: Plus he’s got lots of pockets to prove it!

6 Likes

Not really relevant to the current exchange of snark, but it’s too funny not to post:

10 Likes