Subway sign mocks Titan disaster: 'Our Subs Don't Implode'

Originally published at: Subway sign mocks Titan disaster: 'Our Subs Don't Implode' | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The Chain Phil GIF by MCDM

9 Likes

Tina Fey Titus GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

16 Likes

Gross… trying to overshadow Jared?

2 Likes

Strangely, I can’t follow that twit link. Keeps asking me to log in or sign up or some such shit.

Can’t imagine what’s going on over there.

do you really need this? ------>/s

6 Likes

Even if it was in reference to the Scorpion or Thresher accidents in the 1960s, I’d still find this in poor taste, and definitely “too soon” applies, IMO.

11 Likes

ha. i’d go to that subway.

10 Likes

Because it’s run by an asshole?
Telling on yourself, buddy.

14 Likes

All those offended billionaires won’t be stopping at Subway again anytime soon, I can tell you that much!

10 Likes

As someone who has witnessed a drug deal happen from a sandwich artist who was storing weed in the managers office. I think you are assuming too much competence in the management system of most subways.

4 Likes

My head chef used to deal weed, that didn’t mean he was an asshole.

17 Likes

They should have added “But if they do, they’ll crush Five Guys”.

9 Likes

Won’t someone think of the poor safety-hostile billionaires whose hubris murdered multiple innocent people?!

11 Likes

i can’t feel bad for billionaries on a joy ride to see the titantic.

9 Likes

Really only one of the people on that sub deserved any sympathy, and that’s the son of the billionaire who guilt-tripped him into joining the trip.
Seriously, none of the others deserve even the tiniest drop of it, especially the owner, who had been told repeatedly that his sub was unsafe and going to get everyone on it killed, and responded with what amounts to “safety is for losers” - and all of his passengers knew this.

That being said, I’ve been to some pretty questionable Subways who would not be able to make that claim on their own signs.

16 Likes

Maybe not, but I think I might have had better luck trying to eat the Titan than a Subway “sandwich”.

5 Likes

Dead kids don’t count with you either, clearly.

6 Likes

I don’t have any sympathy at all over the Titan failure either-- y’all can make all the memes you like-- but “our subs don’t implode?” Cheap shot from a company that likely has a billionaire or two on top of it.
Same reason why gloating is considered unsportsmanlike (but again, “viewers at home” can go hog wild).

4 Likes

At 19, the youngest person on the sub (Suleman Dawood) can’t really be called a kid.
He did have a very brief bout of common sense (rare in someone of his wealth), and was hesitant, but was guilted into going anyway by his father, as common sense is apparently a trait billionaires discourage in their offspring.
He even took his Rubik’s Cube with him to try and set a “world record” (he called Guiness to register/apply for it), so clearly not a completely unwilling passenger after all, and was using the trip for personal vanity as well.
The tiny drop of sympathy I have for him is very small indeed, but it’s the only drop any of them get.

7 Likes

Minimum wage workers making fun of the hubris of billionaires? I’m gonna pass on the outrage. Nobody sits on a Scrooge McDuck pile of money without being complicit in crimes against humanity

12 Likes