Summer of Love 'trading cards' hit San Francisco bus stops

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/21/summer-of-love-trading-cards.html

If someone have those in some friendly format, I would love it

Where would a Summer of Love occur today?
Surley San Fran is too expensive these days.

Looks like these were inspired by upside-down 1972 Topps baseball cards:

anyone know if these will be available for purchase? i’d love a Ginsberg one, and some others : (

Richard Brautigan? Would swap him or Beefheart* for Reagan. Any takers?

*TIL this is when Safe as Milk was recorded :slight_smile:

Nice observation!

I want to buy the whole collection.

Come on, BoingBoing store… don’t let me down!

So where is card #13? You have 12 and do Janis twice. Seems it would have been easy to show the whole collection.

My bad! There are only 12 posters… Reverend Cecil Williams, Janice Mirikitani are combined on one.

… and there ain’t much lovin’ in those property battles. Lots of SF people are basically appalled at the loss of their paradise. Don’t blame them.

I don’t, believe me.

I know what it’s like to be priced out of a neighborhood you love.

As a Glide member, would love to get the Janice/Cecil one.

I have 50 Ronald Reagans I’ll trade for a Tim Leary.

I recently took my 7-year-old son to see the “Summer of Love” retrospective at the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. When I explained that his maternal grandmother had been one of the people into that scene he reacted with surprise: “you mean we’re part hippie??”

Between two white cotton sheets, flowers in your hair, sweating and grinding out blissful love in unison with your wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend. Boyfriend w boyfriend, girlfriend w girlfriend; and at least two puppies curled up in PEACE on your floorboards.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.