Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

Why is anyone giving the J6 bombing suspect oxygen? She neither deserves or warrants our attention.

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene says Biden should have shot the balloon sooner because it could have had nukes (video)

Game Of Thrones Ugh GIF

She is an elected officials, with a measure of power, who has aspirations to be the VP, and is pushing for a fascist take over. Ignoring the facsists is how we got here. Time to keep an eye on them, and point out how dangerous they are.

15 Likes

That might be my fault. I moved a post that was “why are we paying attention to Empty G” over here and clicked the thing to move it with all replies. I’m still figuring out the functionality of that stuff. Sorry to all posters of collateral replies that got caught up in my inexperience.

11 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

I know we can’t ignore people like Marjorie Tankie Green, but do we have to amplify her profoundly ignorant propaganda?

4 Likes

I’ll jump in before someone ALL CAPS screams at you as this subject has been rehashed endlessly here in the BBS and people are sometimes a bit severe in their reactions. The general consensus is that it is important for journalists to expose these hypocrisies and act as a backstop to the kind of misinformation she peddles. Now,t he reality is that, just with late night TV, this provides quite entertaining joke fodder, a healthy(?) dose of schadenfreude and a bit of an outlet for our collective disgust and frustration with our inability to actually do much about it. I, for one, could stand to see a bit less of these clowns, but I also click and comment, so…

15 Likes

Godley better get their shit together before someone comes in and does it for them. This is the internet age, not the days of Bad Day at Black Rock.

6 Likes

I can’t help but think that when BB has it’s own custom header image for this woman, that maybe you’re giving her a bit too much of the oxygen of publicity.
She wants the publicity, and knows full well that saying “stupid” things will get her more. This is just driving trollies, and you’re falling for it.

What should the cutoff be? Every other stupid thing she does? Every fifth? Once a week?

Serious question.

5 Likes

How about a fortnightly summary of all the stupid things she’s said and done published on a used fish & chips wrapper? /s

10 Likes

That would have to be a mighty big fish!
This one might be big enough if we printed in 8 point font…but it’s iffy.

Big Fish Fishing GIF by Amiaud

8 Likes

12 Likes

I ignore all of it it personally.

1 Like

We ignore that stuff at our peril. MTG and her ilk are normalizing extremism. Not challenging it at every turn is an endorsement of it.

16 Likes

You should change your nick to DukeTuna, obviously! :fish:

6 Likes

rupauls drag race bingo GIF

11 Likes

It would be nice if the never ending right wing assault didn’t effect me too. If my only concern wasn’t the ongoing assault- but my having to hear about it.

17 Likes

If you can do this safely, it speaks to your level of privilege. And if you have that level of privilege, you have a responsibility to stand up to it, which you cannot do if you ignore it’s very existence.

20 Likes