Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

You mean one of these?

6 Likes

Precisely!

5 Likes

Her again?
Girl Eye Roll GIF
I’d like to see more really wonderful stuff, please.

1 Like

How about when the threat from people like her are no longer viable? Until then, how about we pay attention to them until they are no longer sitting in positions of power?

13 Likes

Thankfully, we can do both!

2 Likes

No, we really can’t. We’ve shown that, as a country, when we ignore threats, they do not “go away”… This is what happened with militias and white supremacists in the 90s, after Waco and the OKC bombing… we largely buried and ignored the systemic threat they posed to us. The public was part and parcel of checking out what turned out to be a REAL threat to our entire fucking country.

We pay attention to these dipshits, and keep pointing out who they are, and what they are trying to do, or we’re fucked. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

I see I was being very unclear there. You’re right that ignoring the far-right fuckers doesn’t help, and that the problems they present don’t go away on their own!

What I meant to say was that we can both pay attention to them, and have more wonderful stuff, but as I responded to your post, rather than @bashful 's one, the meaning was lost or at least confused. Mea culpa!

7 Likes

BB is not exactly gaining MTG publicity by posting her, we are the wrong audience and we already know. It’s more like giving her relevancy? Criticizing her is almost stooping to her level, we are complicit for playing her game. MTG is profiting off of selling fear and her detractors appear as forms of legitimacy to her followers.

And then consider BB is also profiting from the clicks that MTG is generating which is one of the roots to the problem. The media loves these right wing grifters and it is in their own interests for MTG to be getting screen time.

The whole thing just sucks.

Of course we also need to be aware of the fascist uprising so I don’t have a good solution. But I do try to offer perspective that MTG isn’t (just) crazy, she is actually a lying, calculating salesperson.

Actually lots of us regularly point out that she’s not crazy, she is in fact a fascist, which is why paying attention to her matters.

17 Likes
6 Likes

Can we PLEASE stop obsessing over these howler monkeys? with apologies to actual howler monkeys… BB is supposed to be for mostly wonderful things, right?

These dipsticks seem mostly awful… Bobo and emptyG are disgusting clowns, we get it, we got it a very long time ago.

Sorry to complain. I’'m going to skim thru all the BB stories of late and find something somewhat wonderful to act as a sort of unicorn chaser. Even a brief exposure to their MJ simulacra leaves a taste of cheap hairspray, desperation and grasping ambition that is worse than eating a handful of pennies.

2 Likes

Once they are no longer in power and in jail, then sure. As long as they are a threat to the country - we need to pay attention to them and highlight their hypocrisy.

They are literally leading a fascist take over of this country. We need to stop ignoring that and work to stop it.

11 Likes

Why are you amplifying him?

2 Likes

first time GIF

6 Likes
8 Likes

The particular group which is the subject here, which I won’t even name, are a tiny group that basically trollies its way to public awareness. My suggestion for this particular group is they should be entirely ignored. They have gone to Jewish neighborhoods and left leaflets and so on, and they get all kinds of reactions, and they love it. They have no other way to create awareness of themselves. The sheriff here has a good sense of humor but unfortunately it’s playing into the driving trollies strategy.

This is the same group whose founder’s GF was a yoga teacher in Jewish-owned yoga studio in Berkeley and got fired when they found this out.

Edit: it looks like when I posted, it changed the word “trollies” to “trollies”! I didn’t do that!

1 Like

For what is probably not the last time, ignoring fascists bigots doesn’t make them ‘just go away.’

Like Cancerous cells, toxic ideology must be excised and eradicated, lest it metastasize.

17 Likes

Every time somebody has to say this.

Every.
Fucking.
TIME.

18 Likes

Based upon your extensive past success in battling antisemitism?

What successes have you had, anyway?

20 Likes

It’s like someone has ulterior motives or something.

15 Likes