Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

The also doesn’t permit the “uninitiated” to verify the critic’s claims, and exposes the critic to (bad faith) accusations that nobody actually says those things. These assholes already constantly deny things they’ve done on live TV for the whole world to see.

Against facism, the form of argument—reasoned, and supported by evidence—is just as important as the content.

7 Likes

Fair points.

You don’t ignore it. That doesn’t work. We know this to be true. We’ve ignored the far right in this country for years now, when we should have been breaking up their networks after Oklahoma city. instead we treated McVeigh and Nichols as a one-off. We did not do that with 9/11, though, but sought to weed out the networks that made it happen (at horrific expense, though, both here and abroad - but it was treated as systemic, not individual). Some sort of reaction between these two would be better. Break up the networks but that doesn’t have to come at the expense of human rights… :woman_shrugging:

Pittsburgh You Get It GIF by Mike Hitt

We know it doesn’t. We have the proof right in front of us. Law enforcement has ignored them. While they’ve been given the space to build networks of like-minded communities national and globally. They’ve been allowed to accrue counter-cultural cache. Time to treat them as the threat that they are. We should treat them like we treat the far left, actually, and start treating the far left as… you know… part of the normal political discourse.

11 Likes

I just don’t even know why it matters. There is no part of fascism that is left unspoken in modern political discourse. These positions are not being kept hidden. They are being actively proselytized. Emphatically preached. Musk. Theil. Murdoch. These men rule our lives and people act like they don’t know that about themselves? They know.

This is the image they want to portray because these are their values. These are the things they say because these are the things they mean. Politicians listen. Judges listen. The world bends its ear and this what it hears. They aren’t even wrong, they are just selfish kwim? They are becoming what they need to be to get what they want out of people and they are great at it.

Ignoring it would only work anyway if they were unknown and any of us if we were in a position to de-platform them.

Yeah. I’m gonna go deplatform amazon real quick. /s

12 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

And they push those ideologies, because the align with their class interests…

8 Likes

District of Columbia | Three Years Since the Jan. 6 Attack on the Capitol.

This is what happens when you shine a light on Nazis.

12 Likes

Also, why reply to a post of mine here from 2023?

Suspicious Suspect GIF by GIPHY News

Not like I’m the ONLY person in this thread expressing that very same opinion… why ME specifically?

8 Likes
8 Likes

Why are you giving his dying flame oxygen?

2 Likes

Hopefully enough shade will extinguish him?

7 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

From 2018, but still relevant

9 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Lawfair, founded by the well-known litigator Adam Mortara,

Mortara. Sounds like a vampire name from a cheap novel. That checks out…

Aside from Mortara, the only other lawyer known to have worked or done work for the firm is a project-based contract attorney named Christopher Roach.

Oh, come on now, seriously?

10 Likes

Pre- or post-metamorphosis? /Kafka

7 Likes