☭ Sup Marxists? ☭

Or people who say “tyranny” like its a bad thing, as opposed to a method of leadership-transition.

5 Likes

I was going to say “too bad he’s gone” since a) he seemed to have vanished and b) he had a really good comment in the thread about industrial t-shirt printers.

But it appears he is around, still. So, no more echo-chamber!

4 Likes

Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms./Miss Dada, (strike out where not applicable)
We are glad to hear that you are not a PUA, and will withdraw the accusation from the party ledgers.
It is with great relief we learn that you are merely a common garden variety putz.
Yours sincerely,
The International Communist Party

18 Likes

awesome read!

I mentally left out the first “Y”. I was super-confused.

4 Likes

18 Likes

It seems that “fascist” might be more of a correct shorthand for “authoritarian” (assuming that’s what the epithet-hurler even means in the first place) than “marxist” is a

correct shorthand for “totalitarian.”

This explains why Pinochet was AWESOME, while Allende was not.

2 Likes

see, now YOU I trust to use the term correctly. myself and the general public, not so much.

3 Likes

Trust me. I’m not an expert. My current working schema for fascism is currently based on the concept of “assigned roles in society”. Think of yourself as a character in a great national epic, destined to live and die in order to impart certain dramatic themes to the audience, rather than, as in a liberal society, destined to live and die according to your whims, assuming sufficient capital.

5 Likes
2 Likes

In light of the discussion thus far, I think we ought unveil our backup song.

7 Likes

Someone inside Congress edited a Wikipedia Article about Gamergate’s “Cultural Marxism”
(Buzzfeed)

4 Likes

Great! Haha. From that article

7 Likes

Nope, definitely a ban hammer for anti-sexuality. Ain’t nobody going to tell me I can’t be sexual. I’m sure there’s a Fourth Amendment exception for that (somewhere - where did I leave it?..)

1 Like

Kaw-meh-dee GOWOLWOLWOLLLLD!

1 Like

Eh, I’m not so sure that Bronson Pinochet should get a free pass; in my former backyard (well, one county over) he’s got problems.

2 Likes

the funny thing about that sign is that over the past few years, unemployment has somewhat gone down (and we can still account for people no longer applying for jobs) and hiring has gone up…

Now, the KIND of jobs they are might be another matter, but those numbers are looking positive…

3 Likes

I guess Hannah Arendt was the go to lady for defining totalitarian, right?

And then there was Jeanne Kirkpatrick’s views, which shaped the Reagan administrations policies on Latin America and the Middle East… that authoritarians can be reformed and democratized, because they have an engagement with the market, while totalitarians can not be reformed, and can only be contained and eventually destroyed.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Why the ever-hatefucking-love would he do that?

5 Likes

Yep. That was a Kirkpatrick reference, I need to read the Arrendt book.

2 Likes