Super quick potato peeling

What I love about being British is that people feel they can say whatever they like about you and be morally unimpeachable, things that they would never dream of saying about an African American, a Mexican, a Jew, an Asian, a Pakistani etc etc. (Obviously I am excluding Seth McFarlane.)

I once heard that the reason villains in the movies are so often played by British actors is that we are the only race left on earth who don’t complain too much about being so negatively portrayed.

Or maybe it’s just because we are naturally evil. With terrible teeth. And tasteless potatoes. America! Nuke us now!

3 Likes
1 Like

I always cook and peel them this way (except for the cold water refresh part) to make gnocchi. Boiling them in their skins and peeling them when they’re hot and letting them steam is a pretty good way of cooking the flesh and keeping it relatively dry without the huge energy use of baking them. Let them dry and stick them through the ricer or mouli and they’re ready for gnoccification (?)

Otherwise keep the skins on. Best part.

1 Like

One of the (minor) perils of being a privileged class. Because British people are not, as a class, discriminated against, people generally don’t feel uncomfortable poking them. See also: making fun of Scots for being typically cheap, or Canadians for being super polite [sidebar - this is a bad thing?], or the “clueless husband/dad” found in ads for laundry detergent.

Life is too short to spend any of it peeling potatoes. Especially if the peeled potatoes are better for you.

/Life’s too short to spend any of it drinking bad whiskey, too.

Boom goes London and boom Paree
More room for you and more room for me
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town
Oh, how peaceful it will be
We’ll set everybody free
You’ll wear a Japanese kimono
And there’ll be Italian shoes for me

They all hate us anyhow
So let’s drop the big one now
Let’s drop the big one now

Home fries. Potato salad. Roasted small potatoes. These are but three of the many legitimate uses for waxy potatoes.

Yeah, roasted potatoes is reason enough all by itself.

Stay turned; coming to a late night post on BoingBoing soon…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.