Super Seducer is a Playstation/Steam game where players grab women's "boobs" and "asses"

Isn’t this pretty much just a sequence of live-action videos – a descendant of “Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties” and so on? “Simulation” would be a stretch.

I presume this line was intended as Playstation and Steam.

I expect there’s already much, much, much worse in the bowels of Steam already, and that giving this game any attention at all is no service. I might expect Sony’s standards to be slightly higher, but then I learned about Life of Black Tiger a while ago.

1 Like

At first I thought it was a joke. But it looks like it’s a real game. Good grief, how can he live with his self?

He has no empathy for and no respect for women.

2 Likes

Well he sure isn’t going to live with anyone else…

24 Likes

In the trailer above La Ruina does things like say to women, “If you’re not good at cooking you better be real good at sucking dick then.” Another game scenario – say “‘I like big boobs,’ and try and touch her boobs.” La Ruina says, “In the game that’s cool, in real life it’s totally illegal.”

True, but seems poor reporting not to include the fact that these are also shown not to lead to “seduction” (if not provoking violence). I was (gag, wretch) forced to watch the video to discover that. Its not really clear from the video what is meant by “In the game that’s cool”, but it seems clear he doesn’t teach it as a real world technique, if only for legal reasons.

I kinda almost think that for somebody so removed from reality and human interaction that they would try this “game”, that might in fact be useful and behavior improving information, even if any behavior change it caused was based on wretched motivations.

4 Likes

“Ooh boy, just you wait, this’ll really trigger the libs!”

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I got the impression from the trailer that the game’s message was that making fellatio jokes and grabbing boobs/asses would absolutely not lead to sexual success and would instead provoke disgust, outrage and justifiable violence.

It’s a pretty crass way of putting that message across, but on the basis of that trailer, at least, the game doesn’t seem to be encouraging sexual assault as a “seduction” technique.

ETA: on the back of @TobinL’s reply below, I feel I should say that “doesn’t actually encourage sexual assault” is a pretty fucking low bar and absolutely nothing to be proud of.

14 Likes

You mean video games might cause real world violence?

1 Like

No but it totes falls into women are the prize to be won thing rather than another person to have respect for.

13 Likes

Well that’s a fair point.

5 Likes

Oh, for sure. This is still head and shoulders less fucked up than Custer’s Revenge.

5 Likes

Looking at this as some sort of satirization of PUAs, it’s quite brilliant.

Sadly, I think it’s meant to be taken seriously.

9 Likes

If you want to experience good behavior in society you have to teach all in society what is appropriate and why. American hasn’t done the work. We haven’t even started.

YES! People DO NOT naturally know what is appropriate behavior! These rules change overtime. In a few years what you are doing now will be considered reprehensible.

2 Likes

Ethics! …

1 Like

The audio is in English while the Closed Caption is in Russian. :thinking:

3 Likes

she looks hot . . .

and she’s carrying an excitingly novel sex toy, too.

/s

1 Like

So, did I miss something? I watched the review, and this game seems to be a social training game for really piggish people. The “grab her” options don’t seem to be the correct ones.

I don’t see much evidence that the game is inherently bad, but anything that takes those attitudes and the people who have them seriously are bound to look really odd to a well-adjusted person…

Addendum: Where “Learn the secrets of the pros” = how to have a nice conversation and flirt like you’re not a monster

Ok, after watching the actual bumper, it misses one big “secret of the pros” which is seeing women as people and not a prize-- he probably should have thrown that one in for free.

3 Likes

More like 1982 (Text description, then video link):

Custer’s Revenge, an atari 2600 game where the purpose is to walk from the left side of the screen to the right avoiding arrows in order to rape a native american woman tied to a cactus. No, really.

4 Likes

Fat be it from me to judge how and where a man gets splinters.

Sincerely

Peg

11 Likes

The game literally coaches men to approach a strange woman on the street, block her path so she’s forced to stop, then offer unsolicited commentary on her physical appearance. That’s not a “nice conversation,” it’s a creep move.

14 Likes

Yes, but I hadn’t personally seen Custer’s Revenge. I saw and played Lover Boy. (At trade shows, it was up in hotel suites rather than public on the display floor.)